This One Pan Shrimp Spaghetti dinner comes together in just 30 minutes and is the perfect easy flavor-packed meal!
Dinner made in one pan is the best kind of dinner. It’s quick, it’s easy, and this one is downright delicious.
This Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti comes together in just 30 minutes. The pasta is tossed in a creamy parmesan sauce and then topped with delicious garlic shrimp, making this dish super flavorful.
This minimal ingredient recipe means you probably have most of them in your kitchen already! It’s one deliciously easy one pan pasta to add to the recipe book.
If you’re looking for more easy shrimp recipes, try these easy blackened shrimp or these honey garlic shrimp next!
Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti Recipe
A 30-minute meal that’s also a one pan recipe? Talk about dreams coming true!
This One Pan Shrimp Pasta is ideal for busy, or even lazy, days…and of course any day that ends in ‘y’ when you are craving pasta.
Having a stockpile of go-to recipes is a great way to ensure that you have filling, tasty, and nutritious meals all week long.
This garlic parmesan shrimp spaghetti pasta is definitely a crowd-pleaser. The sauce and pasta are so delicious, even people unsure about shrimp will love this recipe.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen! Elevate the simplest ingredients in your house with this truly incredible dish.
Leftovers from this one pan pasta, if there are any, are scrumptious the next day.
Ingredients for Shrimp Spaghetti
Shrimp: 1 pound of peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp. I like to buy fresh from the market, but you can also find jumbo deveined shrimp in the frozen section of the grocery store.
Spaghetti: 1 pound of spaghetti. I used thin spaghetti. However, you can use whatever you have handy.
Wet ingredients: olive oil, white wine, and chicken broth.
Dairy: dairy products will help add a lot of depth and creaminess to your dish, whip out your butter, milk, and parmesan cheese!
Herbs and spices: this recipe is chock-full of great flavors and to achieve that you will need: garlic, lemon zest, yellow onion, fresh parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
How do I Thaw Frozen Shrimp?
The best way to gently thaw shrimp, while preventing pre-cooking, is to submerge them under cool water. You should also make sure to keep your submerged shrimp in their packaging or a ziplock bag to prevent them from absorbing more water.
How to Make Shrimp Spaghetti
1. Marinate shrimp. Place peeled and deveined shrimp in a medium-sized bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon zest. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic and onions. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, and white wine. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions are translucent.
3. Stir in liquid ingredients. Stir in the chicken broth, milk, and butter. Mix until the butter is completely melted. Bring to a boil and add the spaghetti, tossing gently to coat in sauce mixture.
4. Reduce heat and cook noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for about 8 minutes, until the noodles are starting to soften. Make sure to stir the noodles occasionally to make sure they don’t stick.
5. Add the shrimp. Add the shrimp, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat. Cover and cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are fully cooked and spaghetti is al dente.
6. Add your remaining ingredients. Mix in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. If the mixture is too thick, add more broth until you reach the desired consistency.
Why is my Pasta Dry?
If you prefer a saucier pasta, you can simply add more broth or milk to your spaghetti, a couple of tablespoons at a time. Keep in mind that adding more milk might make your spaghetti creamier, which could be a benefit if that’s your preference.
Can I Make This Recipe Creamy?
Easily make this sauce ultra-creamy by adding 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream to your sauce when adding the milk and broth.
Tips for Making a 30 Minute Meal
The trick to successful 30-minute meals is keeping them as simple as possible and using ingredients you know. Although new recipes and ideas are great, they can be very time-consuming.
If you’re into prepping, you can easily cut down on cooking time. After grocery shopping, you should wash and prepare your veggies for the week. You can also prepare any dressings or marinades that you’ll make throughout the week. Grab and go!
Make sure that you coordinate your cooking. Prioritize the easy but time-consuming steps, like boiling water and preheating the oven. Also, take advantage of any “helpers” you have around the house. Easy tasks like chopping and preparing salads can be given to anyone willing to help.
Don’t be afraid of adapting your recipes or using premade items. Pre-minced garlic in a jar can be a lifesaver. If there are ingredients that can be swapped for more simple items and don’t change the overall dish, go ahead and adapt your recipe.
Leave the risky, more involved recipes for days when you have time to experiment. Staple dishes can be key to having consistent, nutritious meals.
What Goes With Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti?
This pasta recipe is delicious on it’s own, or you can serve with:
I also love air frying vegetables with this dish because they cook quickly without much effort at all.
Try adding your favorite veggies and herbs to make this recipe your own. Mushrooms and cherry tomatoes can be the perfect additions to any pasta dish.
A splash of lemon juice over your cooked pasta can also add a ton of flavor. You can even try changing up the pasta shape!
One of my favorites is fusilli, or if you’re more health-conscious, you could also try zucchini noodles.
More Shrimp Recipes to Try
- Lemon Orzo Salad With Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Shrimp Pho Noodle Soup
- Hawaiian Shrimp Taco Bowl
- Creamy Basil Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Air Fryer Shrimp And Peppers
WANT TO TRY THIS GARLIC SHRIMP SPAGHETTI RECIPE?
PIN IT to your shrimp recipes, dinner recipes, or pasta recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
One Pan Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tbs red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place peeled & deveined shrimp in a medium sized bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and lemon zest.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic, onion, and white wine. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Stir in butter, chicken broth, and milk. Mix until the butter has melted. Bring to a boil, then add the spaghetti, tossing gently to coat in the broth mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the noodles aren't sticking, until spaghetti just starts to get soft.
- Add the shrimp, parsley, and red pepper flakes, toss to coat, cover and cook an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are fully cooked and the spaghetti is al dente.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. If the mixture is too thick, add more broth until desired consistency is reached. To serve, divide between bowls and garnish with more parsley if desired.
- You can add lemon juice in step 4 if you want to add more citrusy flavor.
The red pepper flakes added more spice to the pasta! Recipe is amazing, will cook again tomorrow for a gathering!
Those shrimps were incredible, so delicious! I never cooked them with wine, I can’t wait to make them again!
This is one of my favourites so easy comfort food.
The perfect quick and easy weeknight pasta recipe!
Such a simple pasta supper but packed with flavour. Yum – just delicious. thanks!