Sometimes the best things in life are the simplest. Like this One Pan Garlic Parmesan Shrimp & Spaghetti recipe yes, I said ONE pan. I get a lot of questions about my one pan recipes “are you sure it only takes one pan?” “how does all that cook in one pan”. Yes, it will all cook in one pan!
I don’t know about you, but oftentimes I want to make something simple AND delicious. Back in college, simple was anything I could microwave. Well, times have changed I’m 5 years removed from college and my body doesn’t appreciate that stuff anymore!
Shrimp are so easy to cook with, you can season them with almost anything and they cook quickly another reason I love seafood!
This One Pan Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and Spaghetti recipe also makes a great meal prep lunch for the week. Throw in a veggie, like tomatoes and have yourself a shrimp tomato pasta.
You can play around with different proteins, too. Try making a one pot pasta and chicken by swapping the shrimp for some cubed chicken breast!
One Pan Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Spaghetti
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk, or more as needed
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- one box of thin spaghetti
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1/2 tbs red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- Place peeled & devained shrimp in a medium sized bowl and coat with olive oil, pepper, lemon zest & juice from half the lemon (Don’t worry about patting them dry but make sure there isn’t any excess liquid in the bowl)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add garlic, onion, a splash of white wine, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent (about 1-2 minutes)
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, butter, and spaghetti
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally
- Add parsley, red pepper flakes, and remaining lemon juice/zest
- Let pasta cook about 8 minutes before adding shrimp
- Cook pasta and shrimp until both are cooked (about 5-7 minutes)
- Stir in Parmesan (If mixture is too thick, add milk until desired consistency is reached)
Check out more of my recipes here.