Sometimes the best things in life are the simplest. Like this One Pan Garlic Parmesan Shrimp & Spaghetti recipe — yes, I said ONE pan. I get a lot of questions about my one pan recipes — “are you sure it only takes one pan?” “how does all that cook in one pan”. Yes, it will all cook in one pan!
I don’t know about you, but oftentimes I want to make something simple AND delicious. Back in college, simple was anything I could microwave. Well, times have changed—I’m 5 years removed from college and my body doesn’t appreciate that stuff anymore!
Shrimp are so easy to cook with, you can season them with almost anything and they cook quickly — another reason I love seafood!
This One Pan Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and Spaghetti recipe also makes a great meal prep lunch for the week. Throw in a veggie, like tomatoes and have yourself a shrimp tomato pasta.
You can play around with different proteins, too. Try making a one pot pasta and chicken by swapping the shrimp for some cubed chicken breast!
One Pan Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Spaghetti
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk, or more as needed
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- one box of thin spaghetti
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1/2 tbs red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- Place peeled & devained shrimp in a medium sized bowl and coat with olive oil, pepper, lemon zest & juice from half the lemon (Don’t worry about patting them dry but make sure there isn’t any excess liquid in the bowl)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add garlic, onion, a splash of white wine, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent (about 1-2 minutes)
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, butter, and spaghetti
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally
- Add parsley, red pepper flakes, and remaining lemon juice/zest
- Let pasta cook about 8 minutes before adding shrimp
- Cook pasta and shrimp until both are cooked (about 5-7 minutes)
- Stir in Parmesan (If mixture is too thick, add milk until desired consistency is reached)
Check out more of my recipes here.