Air Fryer Turkey Breast is an easy way to cook turkey that is incredibly flavorful and juicy. Seasoned with a tasty blend of spices, this meal will be on the table in less than an hour.
This air fryer turkey breast is a perfect recipe to add to your weekly meal rotation. This recipe also makes a great Thanksgiving dinner or holiday meal option if you are having a smaller gathering.
If you’re looking for more air fryer turkey recipes, give these Air Fryer Turkey Legs a try next!
Air frying is such a great option because of its convenience. You don’t even have to sit there watching your cooking; the air fryer does it all for you.
Air fryers also do a great job of cooking quickly and efficiently. I almost always would rather use my air fryer than my stovetop or oven because my air fryer produces juicy meat in a fraction of the time. I’m constantly testing new air fryer recipes to share!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
This easy air fryer turkey breast recipe is perfect for you if you like a juicy turkey breast that is moist on the inside with crispy skin on the outside. The way the air fryer circulates the hot air will give you this result and I honestly think this is a great way to cook a turkey breast.
Turkey can be cooked similarly to chicken, even in the air fryer. If you’re looking for another easy recipe, try this Air Fryer Chicken sometime. You can even use leftover turkey from this recipe to make Leftover Turkey Chili or Leftover Turkey Tacos.
Air fryer turkey breast is mouth watering because of the savory seasoning. The great thing about this recipe is that it takes very little prep time and just 40 minutes of total cook time. It really is the easiest way to air fry turkey breast.
If you’re looking to make this recipe healthier, you can remove the skin. However, I think you’ll find the crispy skin impossible to resist!
Ingredients you will need
Turkey breast: you’ll want to get turkey breasts with the skin on. The skin adds so much flavor and gets nice and crispy when cooked in the air fryer.
Olive oil: brushing olive oil on the turkey breast skin will help ensure that they turn out crispy and will also prevent it from burning.
Garlic: plenty of fresh garlic will keep the turkey breasts full of flavor and compliment the spices.
Unsalted butter: softened butter is what we use to make the delicious herb butter! I like to use unsalted butter so I can control how much salt is added.
Fresh herbs: if possible use fresh rosemary and thyme for maximum flavor, but you can use dry rosemary and thyme if necessary.
Dry ingredients: this recipe calls for a blend of brown sugar, salt, onion powder, black pepper, chili powder, and paprika.
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to cook a turkey breast in an air fryer
1. Make the seasoning. Combine softened butter with minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, black pepper, chili powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
2. Season the turkey breast. Place the turkey breast on a cutting board and spread 2/3 of the herb butter mixture under the skin on the top half of it and the remaining mixture on the other side using your hands.
You can refrigerate the turkey breast for up to 24 hours or continue to the next step, but remove it from the fridge 30-45 minutes before cooking. Brush a thin layer of olive oil over the skin on the top side of the turkey breast and season with salt and pepper – this is the best way to get the skin really crispy.
3. Air fry the turkey breast. Place the turkey in the air fryer basket skin side down and cook for 20 minutes. Flip the turkey breast and cook for 20 more minutes. Using a meat thermometer, ensure the turkey has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Variations
There are many ways you can change up this air fryer turkey breast recipe. Using garlic powder instead of minced garlic is an option in a pinch, but adding as many fresh herbs as possible will result in the most flavorful turkey breast.
Try adding sage or oregano to the seasoning blend. You can also use your favorite poultry seasoning as well.
Make sure you defrost frozen turkey breast before seasoning. For crispier skin on your turkey breasts, rinse them before adding the dry rub and dry them off using paper towels. Making sure the turkey breast is completely dry before seasoning will ensure that the butter sticks to it.
You can use this recipe for boneless turkey breast or a turkey tenderloin for a smaller crowd. However, the cook time in the air fryer will vary for each cut of turkey.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat your turkey breast in the air fryer at 350 F or until it is warm all the way through.
More Thanksgiving recipes
- Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Butternut Squash Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Cajun Turkey
- Cranberry Baked Brie Appetizer
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER TURKEY BREAST RECIPE?
PIN IT to your turkey recipes, air fryer recipes, or Thanksgiving recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Combine softened butter with minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, black pepper, chili powder, and paprika.
- Use an upside teaspoon to help loosen the skin from the turkey flesh (it’s easiest to go under the paper thin layer under the surface skin).
- Using your hands, spread about 2/3 of the butter under the skin on the top half of the breast. I like using my hands better than a spatula because you have better control to make sure it spreads as evenly as possible.
- Flip the turkey over and spread the remaining butter on the other side.
- STOP HERE for make ahead option – the turkey can be left like this for up to 24 hours. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 30-45 minutes before cooking then proceed.
- Flip the turkey back over and brush a thin layer of olive oil over the skin using your hands or a silicone brush. Season the top with salt and pepper (olive oil will help it get crispier than butter because butter is about 18% water).
- Place turkey in the air fryer skin side down and cook 20 min, flip and cook 20 more min or until the turkey has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.