This Air Fryer Turkey Legs recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that will become a staple in your household. Seasoned with a garlic pepper Rosemary blend, these will be on the table in under an hour.
Whether you are looking to make a small dish for Thanksgiving or looking add to your list of game day recipes, these turkey legs will fit in perfectly!
Air fryer recipes are some of my favorite to share! I honestly don’t think I could live without my air fryer (I also have the best air fryer). Air fryers are so much more convenient and I use mine almost every single day, as it does a really great job of cooking quickly and efficiently.
Air Fryer Turkey Legs are mouth watering; they’re crispy on the outside and deliciously moist and juicy on the inside, making them so much better than traditional smoked turkey legs. This easy recipe requires just a little prep, which is great if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen!
Enjoy air fryer recipes as much as I do? Give these air fryer chicken recipes a try sometime!
Air Fryer Turkey Legs are perfect for a simple Thanksgiving dinner, your holiday feast, or any meal, really. This delicious recipe makes crispy air fryer turkey legs with very little prep and just 40 minutes of total cook time.
Air Fryer Turkey Legs Recipe
This easy air fryer turkey legs recipe is a healthy alternative to deep frying. Turkey legs themselves are a great option and a pretty healthy meal because the dark meat in them has more vitamins and minerals than white meat on other parts of the turkey.
You can remove the skin if you want to reduce the fat content, but the crispy skin makes them irresistible! Especially because the skin of the turkey legs are seasoned with a tasty dry rub that gives it loads of flavor when cooked.
Because of the hot circulating air in the air fryer, this method will give you deliciously crispy turkey legs. This is honestly the best way to cook turkey drumsticks!
How to cook turkey legs
- Make the dry rub. In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, garlic salt, seasoned pepper, brown sugar, and rosemary.
- Season turkey legs. Place turkey legs on a cutting board. Spray them on both sides with olive oil and evenly coat them with the dry rub.
- Air fry turkey legs. Place the turkey legs in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes at 400° F. Flip them and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, make sure that the internal temperature has reached 180° F at the thickest part of the turkey leg. Add additional time to the air fryer if necessary.
Air Fryer Turkey Legs Recipe Variations
There are a ton of ways you can change up this air fryer turkey leg recipe. Adding onion powder to the dry rub will really bring out the rest of the flavors. You can also substitute black pepper for seasoned pepper if need be.
Skip the olive oil and mix the spices with melted butter, making it seasoned butter, which will make a juicy turkey leg even juicier. For crispier turkey legs, rinse them before adding the dry rub and dry them off using paper towels.
If you’re feeding more people, you can use the same dry rub recipe and air fry a whole turkey, though cooking time will definitely be different. If you can’t find turkey legs at your local grocery store, try buying a turkey breast instead. Air fryer turkey breast is a great alternative, it will come out just as juicy as this air fryer chicken!
Another side dish you can serve with these is Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato or for a less Thanksgiving-like side dish, try Air Fryer Broccoli. Store any leftover turkey legs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER TURKEY LEGS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your easy turkey recipes, air fryer recipes, or Thanksgiving recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
- Mix the Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt, Seasoned Pepper, Brown Sugar, and Rosemary, and set aside.
- Lay the turkey legs on a plate or cutting board. Spray them on both sides with olive oil. Coat the turkey legs with the dry rub on both sides.
- Place the turkey legs in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 180° F. (Make sure you are taking the temperature from the thickest part of the turkey leg)
- Serve with stuffing and cranberry sauce, and enjoy!