Blackened Shrimp Taco Bowls are easy to make and perfect for meal prepping.
Taco Tuesday might be my favorite day of the week. I LOVE tacos. Some of the best taco spots in Baltimore serve up some delicious tacos, but sometimes I prefer to make my own at home.
Taco bowls are the perfect work lunch because they’re easy to eat with a fork while working at your desk. With these Blackened Shrimp Taco Bowls, every day can be taco Tuesday!
These taco bowls are going to be your new meal prep go-to. The flavor from the blackening seasoning gives these bowls a nice kick, while the cilantro-lime jasmine rice brings a refreshing flavor to balance the dish.
These bowls are filled with blackened shrimp, cilantro-lime jasmine rice, iceberg lettuce, pickled onions, corn, tortilla strips, and Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce which I found on Amazon. The “special sauce” is sort of like a healthy chipotle mayo and goes perfectly with this dish.
I suggest making the pickled onions the day before. They are ready in about five minutes and taste best after marinating for a few hours. Check out this easy recipe for pickled red onions.
The corn is like a modified version of my Mexican Street Corn. To keep this recipe quick, I only added Cotija cheese and chili powder. Cotija cheese can be found at your local grocery store, but feta cheese is a perfect substitute if you have trouble finding it.
This recipe makes five taco bowls with three to four shrimp in each, depending on size. If you’re like me, you’ll compact all these ingredients into four containers and treat yourself by going out to lunch on Friday!
I used a 10” cast iron griddle pan for this recipe because the heat transfers better and will cook the shrimp more evenly. A non-stick pan will also work but you may need to work in batches. Read more about cooking blackened shrimp here.
- To make meal prepping easier, I always pack meals in BPA free, microwave and oven safe glass containers.
- Cast iron skillets do an amazing job transferring heat and making sure everything is cooked evenly.
Want to try these Blackened Shrimp Taco Bowls?
Want to see more of JZ Eats?
Blackened Shrimp Taco Bowl Meal Prep
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and devained
- 4 tbsp blacken seasoning
- 1.5 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 bag of frozen corn, cooked
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- 32 oz shredded iceberg lettuce, (one bag)
- Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese crumbles
- 14 oz tortilla strips
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with the blacken seasoning.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Mix the cooked rice with cilantro and lime juice and zest. Then divide rice between meal prep containers. Layer with corn, pickled onions, lettuce, cotija cheese, and tortilla strips.
Check out more of my recipes here.