Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are the easy weeknight dinner that feeds the whole family! They’re ready in less than 30 minutes and served in crisp lettuce wraps.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a healthy way to eat delicious and juicy chicken! Also the best weeknight dinner ever because it’s so darn quick and easy to make.
You’ve got all your chicken and vegetables on the sheet pan, and your seasoning mixture in a small bowl. These are the only dishes we’re dirtying! Everything gets tossed together on the sheet pan, placed in the oven and that’s it.
Since it’s all made in one pan, it’s the easiest clean up ever. Line the pan with foil and all you’ll have to wash is your plate and fork.
You could even go total savage with it and forget the plates and the lettuce wraps and just eat everything straight off the pan!
I like to serve mine with homemade guacamole and salsa but the fajitas have so much flavor from the seasoning, that they’re great as is!
Whole30 Chicken Fajita Ingredients
All you need to make this easy Whole30 weeknight dinner is:
- boneless chicken breasts
- bell peppers (you can use any color you like)
- olive oil
- a variety of pantry spices
- butter lettuce
If you’re not doing Whole30, you can serve sheet pan chicken fajitas with warmed tortillas or over rice.
How To Make Chicken Fajitas
- Start by preheating the oven to 425F. Then prepare the ingredients: mix the seasoning, slice the chicken and the veggies.
- Evenly spread the chicken, bell peppers, and onions on a rimmed baking sheet or 10-12 inch oven safe baking dish. Toss them with the olive oil mixture on the pan, then the fajita seasoning mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven and preheat the broiler to high. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to brown and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. Top the fajitas with lime juice and zest after removing from the oven.
- To serve, place the fajita mixture inside the lettuce wraps and add your favorite toppings!
How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers (I’ll be surprised if you do!), you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Chicken fajitas can be reheated in the microwave or for the best flavor, reheat them in a skillet on the stove.
Tips For Making The Best Chicken Fajitas
- Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken.
- Top your fajitas with guacamole, salsa, or tomatoes.
- Toss the fajitas halfway through to make sure everything cooks evenly.
My Favorite Way To Make Sheet Pan Dinners
I am obsessed with kitchen appliances. Honestly, I could never have too many. But my favorite type of kitchen appliance is one that has multiple functions.
I just got this digital toaster oven that air fries, roasts, bakes, broils, and more. It’s seriously amazing! Plus it flips up against the wall when I’m not using it and frees up so much counter space.
So it makes sheet pan dinners a breeze!
More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
More Easy Whole30 Recipes
WANT TO TRY THESE WHOLE30 SHEET PAN FAJITAS?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, Whole30 dinner recipes, or sheet pan recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Whole30 Recipes: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas in Lettuce Wraps
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head of butter lettuce, leaves removed
- 3 bell peppers of your choice, (I used red and yellow)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F and prepare the ingredients: In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and lemon pepper. In another small bowl mix the minced garlic and olive oil. Then slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick strips and slice peppers and red onion into 1 inch strips.
- Evenly spread the chicken, peppers, and onions on a sheet pan or 10-12 inch oven safe baking dish. Toss them with the olive oil mixture on the pan, then the seasoning mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven and preheat the broiler to high. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to brown and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. Top the fajitas with lime juice and zest after removing from the oven.
- To serve, place fajita mixture inside lettuce wraps and garnish with cilantro and your favorite lettuce wrap toppings!