Is Fajita Friday a thing? It will be after you try this Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita recipe for the first time!
When I did the Whole30 diet back in January, I made a promise to myself to continue my healthy eating habits by making at least two meals a week that are Whole30 compliant. For those of you who haven’t completed the Whole30 diet or tried one of my Whole30 recipes, you may be unaware of how good healthy food can taste!
Your taste buds don’t have to suffer just because you are eliminating processed foods, sugars, and dairy. I love increasing flavor profiles with a blend of spices, herbs, and citrus elements.
One of my favorite spices, that I can’t get enough of, is the Chili Lime Seasoning from Trader Joe’s. If you haven’t shopped their spice and herb selection yet, you’re missing out! They are less expensive than other stores and they have some really unique blends like this one and the Everything Bagel Seasoning we can talk about the avocado toast I’ve been making with that later.
One pan recipes
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are another one of my easy to make one pan recipes! I’ve said this a thousand times and I’ll say it again I’m obsessed with one pan recipes. They are the best for so many reasons, but here’s a few:
- You can always count on one pan recipes to be an easy clean up
- They typically require minimal ingredients
- One pan recipes are great for meal prep
- They’re always simple to make
- One pan recipes save tons of time
- If you like extra flavor, double the seasoning recipe
- Use this recipe for weekday meal prepping by doubling it and packing it into BPA free, microwave and oven safe glass containers
- Add a side of brown rice with cilantro and lime if you aren’t on the Whole30 diet
- Double the lime juice and zest for extra citrus flavor I always do this
- Top the lettuce wraps with guacamole if you feel like guac is life
- If you’re not on the Whole30 diet, try adding a side of cilantro lime rice
Have I convinced you to make these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas for dinner yet? Let’s be honest though…did I really even need to convince you?
Make these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas tonight for your family, friends, or just for you, and tell me what you think in the comments!
Want to try these Whole30 Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, sheet pan recipes, or dinner recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I'm always pinning!
Whole30 Recipes: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas in Lettuce Wraps
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head of butter lettuce or romaine lettuce, leaves removed
- 3 bell peppers of your choice, (I used red and yellow)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F and prepare the ingredients: In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and lemon pepper. In another small bowl mix the minced garlic and olive oil. Then slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick strips and slice peppers and red onion into 1 inch strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken, onion, and peppers with the olive oil mixture, then mix in fajita seasoning mixture.
- Add fajita mixture to a sheet pan or 10-12 inch oven safe baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven and preheat the broiler to high. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to brown and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. Top the fajitas with lime juice and zest after removing from the oven.
- To serve, place fajita mixture inside lettuce wraps and garnish with cilantro and your favorite lettuce wrap toppings!