Is Fajita Friday a thing? It will be after you try this Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita recipe for the first time!
When I did the Whole30 diet back in January, I made a promise to myself to continue my healthy eating habits by making at least two meals a week that are Whole30 compliant. For those of you who haven’t completed the Whole30 diet or tried one of my Whole30 recipes, you may be unaware of how good healthy food can taste!
Your taste buds don’t have to suffer just because you are eliminating processed foods, sugars, and dairy. I love increasing flavor profiles with a blend of spices, herbs, and citrus elements.
One of my favorite spices, that I can’t get enough of, is the Chili Lime Seasoning from Trader Joe’s. If you haven’t shopped their spice and herb selection yet, you’re missing out! They are less expensive than other stores and they have some really unique blends like this one and the Everything Bagel Seasoning — we can talk about the avocado toast I’ve been making with that later.
One pan recipes
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are another one of my easy to make one pan recipes! I’ve said this a thousand times and I’ll say it again — I’m obsessed with one pan recipes. They are the best for so many reasons, but here’s a few:
- You can always count on one pan recipes to be an easy clean up
- They typically require minimal ingredients
- One pan recipes are great for meal prep
- They’re always simple to make
- One pan recipes save tons of time
- If you like extra flavor, double the seasoning recipe
- Use this recipe for weekday meal prepping by doubling it and packing it into BPA free, microwave and oven safe glass containers
- Add a side of brown rice with cilantro and lime if you aren’t on the Whole30 diet
- Double the lime juice and zest for extra citrus flavor — I always do this
- Top the lettuce wraps with guacamole if you feel like guac is life
- If you’re not on the Whole30 diet, try adding a side of cilantro lime rice
Have I convinced you to make these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas for dinner yet? Let’s be honest though…did I really even need to convince you?
Make these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas tonight for your family, friends, or just for you, and tell me what you think in the comments!
Want to try these Whole30 Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps?
Whole30 Recipes: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas in Lettuce Wraps
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 2 heads of butter lettuce or romaine lettuce, leaves removed
- 3 bell peppers of your choice, (I used red and yellow)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili lime seasoning
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- cilantro for garnish
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Prep ingredients: cut chicken into 1/2 inch thick strips and slice peppers and red onion into 1 inch strips.
- Make the fajita seasoning: In a small mixing bowl, combine smoked paprika, onion powder, chili lime seasoning, and lemon pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken, onion, and peppers with 1 tbsp of olive oil, lime juice and zest. Then mix in fajita seasoning and garlic.
- Add fajita mixture to an olive oil coated sheet pan or 10-12 inch oven safe baking dish. Top with more lime juice and zest if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Broil on high for an additional 3 minutes.
- To serve: place fajita mixture inside lettuce wraps and garnish with cilantro if desired.