Get excited because this Cosmic Jerry Air Fryer Wings recipe is truly out of this world! Here’s the wing recipe you always needed.
This post was developed in paid partnership with Tessemae’s. Thank you for being supportive of me working with brands I use and love!
Tessemae’s in a new partnership with the Jerry Garcia family has developed an incredible…very flavor-forward, clean label, wing sauce that is (no pun intended) out of this world!
A healthier world…and you…starts with that you eat. But, no one wants to give up chicken wings; I know I don’t!
That said, this saucy tribute to the rock legend: Cosmic Jerry Sauce combines clean eating with fun flavors!
The sauces use a blend of honey, mustard, and buffalo sauce with a hint of rich umami.
BONUS: it’s all made with organic ingredients, certified dairy-free and gluten-free.
Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe
These crispy chicken wings are exactly what they claim to be.
Traditionally, chicken wings get their crispiness from a bucket of hot oil in a deep frying method. Today, they’re getting crispy in the air fryer with hardly any oil!
Tossed in a delicious (and healthy) sauce, these wings are going to be your new football season favorite!
Cosmic Jerry Wing Ingredients
- Chicken Wings – Whether you prefer drums or flats, you’re going to need some chicken wings for this recipe!
- Spices – You will need all those great spice rack favorites: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- Tessemae’s Cosmic Jerry Sauce – The star of the recipe! You can grab a bottle from their website.
How To Make Wings In The Air Fryer
1. Season chicken wings. In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Pat the wings dry, place them in a large mixing bowl, and toss with the seasoning mixture.
2. Cook the chicken. Preheat the air fryer to 350° F and cook the wings for 10 minutes on each side. Toss the wings in Tessemae’s Cosmic Jerry Sauce and serve hot!
Tips For Making Wings In The Air Fryer
Cooking chicken wings in the air fryer is honestly my favorite way to make wings at home. They get so crispy and they don’t even need any oil.
I start by patting the chicken wings dry and then seasoning adding the seasoning.
When you place your wings in the air fryer basket ensure you are giving your wings plenty of space so they are not touching – this is how they get nice and crispy!
When your wings are too close to one another they will steam up and become soggy. This goes for anything you are cooking in the air fryer.
Looking for another killer wing recipe? You will probably love these!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Cook Time
Fresh/Never Frozen: This is going to be the easiest way to make your wings (and in under 25 minutes)!
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees – don’t skip this step, you want your air fryer nice and warm! If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat feature, just turn it on for about 5 minutes to let it heat up.
With “never frozen” chicken wings I like to cook them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes on each side, flipping them halfway through with a set of tongs!
Frozen: Frozen wings have a lot more water and you are going to have a hard time getting the crispy texture and flavor you are looking for.
However, it is not impossible and can be done in about 30 minutes or so.
Lay the frozen wings in the Air Fryer basket and start cooking at 350 degrees F for a total of 30-35 minutes TURNING the wings every 5-7 minutes or so.
Drain the water/liquid in the basket half way through for a that perfect crispy cook!
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings are one of my favorites to make during football season – fresh or frozen!
Some Questions You Might Have About Chicken Wings:
How many chicken wings in a pound?
There are about 4-5 chicken wings per pound.
I know football season is around the corner, so for those having small get-togethers, 10 lbs of chicken wings will feed about 9 people with average appetites.
Are chicken wings keto friendly?
Yes! Chicken Wings are Keto-Friendly provided you keep any toppings and/or sauces low-carb.
Are chicken wings healthy?
Real talk, chicken wings aren’t the healthiest of choices one could make in the kitchen.
However, there are ways to make your wings healthy-ish, air-frying instead of deep-frying, watching the calories on your sauces, and considering your entire meals caloric intake.
Now, if health truly is top of mind for you, I would recommend using this same recipe, but swapping your wing for a chicken tender or breast.
What goes with chicken wings?
I LOVE a good side! Some of my favorite chicken wing side-kicks are:
- Celery and Carrots (with ranch!)
- French Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Zucchini chips
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Stuffed Mushrooms
WANT TO TRY THIS CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO CHICKEN RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, dinner recipes, or pesto recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I'm always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Cosmic Jerry Air Fryer Wings
- 1.5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces Tessemae's Cosmic Jerry Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pat the wings dry, place them in a large mixing bowl, and toss with the seasoning mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F and cook the wings for 10 minutes on each side. Toss the wings in Tessemae's Cosmic Jerry Sauce and serve hot!