The BEST Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe for the crispiest wings made without any oil! Serve them naked or slather them in your favorite sauce.
Eating healthier doesn’t always look the same for everyone. For me, healthy is about feeling good about what I’m eating and making healthier choices. Like using less oil to make wings.
What makes these the Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Crispy chicken wings are delicious to eat, but some people avoid them because of the oil. Air frying means that you don’t need to use nearly as much oil as you would if you were deep frying something. And in my opinion, it produces the best results.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings are so easy to make and something you’ll be making on the reg, especially for football Sundays.
My favorite part about these chicken wings is that you can save on extra calories…and then use them to enjoy your favorite beer, with less guilt!
These wings are super juicy on the inside and insanely crispy on the outside. You’ll never want deep fried wings again.
When you make chicken in the air fryer, you’ll notice the inside stays so juicy while the outside gets nice and crisp. This goes for chicken breast and chicken thighs too!
I don’t think I’ll be going back to regular deep fried wings anytime soon.
It’s amazing to me how making one small change can make a recipe a whole lot healthier. Whether you’re trying to eat healthier or just want to make one small change at a time, this recipe will do the trick.
These crispy wings are especially great if you follow the keto diet or Whole30, Chicken Wings can be super low carb if you add the right sauce.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings ingredients
- Chicken Wings: Two and a half pounds is a good amount for this air fryer recipe.
- Seasonings: I use a simple combination go salt, pepper, and garlic powder, but feel free to season with additional herbs and spices if you like.
Can I use Frozen Chicken Wings?
When it comes to cooking in an air fryer, you don’t want to use anything frozen, especially meat. Frozen chicken can actually be undercooked in this appliance. You will want to make sure you take the time to thaw the chicken wings before you make them.
You can thaw chicken in the fridge overnight. Simply place the chicken wings in the fridge the night before you plan on making them. This is the easiest way because you don’t have to do anything but remember to leave it in the fridge!
How to make Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
1. Season the wings. Place the chicken wings on a cookie sheet and season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Place the wings in the air fryer basket. You will want to place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer to ensure they get really crispy. You may have to do several batches if you have a smaller air fryer.
3. Cook the wings. Heat the air fryer to around 400 F.
How long to cook chicken wings in air fryer
Air fry the chicken wings for about 15 minutes. Then turn the wings and continue cooking 10-15 minutes or until wings are golden brown.
Cooking time may depend on how big your wings are and the type of air fryer you’re using, but you will have a full batch of wings out to your guests in less than 45 minutes!
4. Toss with your favorite wing sauce. The last step is to remove from air fryer and serve with a sauce of your choice. I love tossing mine in BBQ Sauce.
Serve with fresh celery sticks, carrots, blue cheese, or ranch dressing.
Football season will be here before we know it, so keep this recipe in your back pocket for game day or your Super Bowl party!
If you love these wings, you’ll want to try these Lemon Pepper Wings next!
Tips for Air Frying Chicken Wings
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel to remove any excess liquid before seasoning.
- Toss the wings in about 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder before air frying to make the skin even crispier.
What dipping sauces go best with these Crispy Air Fryer Wings?
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Crispy FAQs
You may be wondering how this little kitchen gadget can make such delicious “fried” food. Well, I promise it’s way easier than it seems. Check out these air fryer tips if you’re just starting out!
An air fryer can be compared to a convection oven. Essentially, the hot air circulates around the food. The food is cooked to a delicious crisp, but it also cooks it evenly.
The best part of using an air fryer is that you don’t have to use a lot of oil. It also heats up and cooks faster than an oven, so it saves you a lot of calories and time!
I like sharing healthy recipes. However, with so many diets and healthy eating tips on the market, it can be hard to know what to make. Chicken wings, if prepared right, can be considered healthy.
Chicken in itself is a great way to get your protein in. Protein is an important part of any healthy diet. Of course, you don’t want to eat TOO much protein, but we’re all about balance here, right?
These Crispy Chicken Wings are not only delicious, but also low carb and fit into many diets like keto and Whole30.
Using the seasoning recommended in this recipe, you can easily stay on your low carb or Keto diet. If you aren’t on a special diet, you can add whatever wing sauce you want to this recipe.
I personally prefer to make them in the air fryer as opposed to frying them the traditional way. It requires a lot less oil to air fry, but it still results in nice crispy wings with tender interiors.
One main reason this happens is because of overcrowding. The wings need a little bit of space around them for the air to properly circulate.
If your wings overlap in the air fryer basket, you may need to cook them in separate batches.
Other recipes you might love
If you’re serving a group, you might want to check out these other easy dinner ideas!
Want to try this recipe?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, air fryer recipes, or party food recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F. Place wings on baking sheets and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place seasoned wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook the wings for 10-15 minutes, then turn them and continue cooking 10-15 minutes or until wings are golden brown.
- Remove from air fryer and serve with sauce of your choice.