Air fryer chicken wings are everything, but Honey Old Bay Wings made in the Air Fryer are everything and more! Best part—they’re ready in 25 minutes!
Baltimore, Maryland is home to Old Bay Seasoning (and me)! If you have never had Old Bay Seasoning, I highly recommend it and not only because I am a Maryland girl.
Honey Old Bay Wings Recipe
I put it on just about everything, especially wings. There is nothing better than football Sundays watching a game at the bar with friends and enjoying wings smothered in the flavors of Old Bay.
One of my favorite things about Old Bay Seasoning is how versatile it is. The seasoning is not just for chicken. You can put it on meat, fish, and drinks!
Bohtini’s are a popular drink in Maryland and might I add, an all-time favorite as well. A Bohtini is a Natty Boh beer with Old Bay seasoning around the rim of glass or edge of a can.
INGREDIENTS FOR OLD BAY WINGS
- Chicken Wings
- Salt and Pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive Oil Spray
*a full list of ingredients and measurements for this recipe can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page!
Pro-Tip: I served these with homemade hot honey, it’s optional, but also totally necessary in my book because it is SO good!
WAIT WHAT IS HOT HONEY?!
The hot honey I used is the perfect combination of honey, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes. It’s super quick and easy to make.
The best part is you can make a generous amount and store it in a mason jar to use later (if you have extra)!
Don’t want to make Hot Honey from scratch? You can grab my favorite store-bought hot honey online!
Pro-Tip: For best storage pour hot honey into an air-tight container, like a mason jar, and keep in a cool location out of direct sunlight.
HOW TO MAKE OLD BAY WINGS
1. Preheat the air fryer to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, toss the wings with salt, pepper, and a light dusting of Old Bay Seasoning.
2. Arrange the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer (you might need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Spritz lightly with olive oil and air fry for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. When the wings are finished cooking, transfer them to a serving bowl or plate. I like to finish them with a generous coating of Old Bay!
Pro-Tips While Cooking In The Air Fryer:
- If you are making more than one batch, preheat the oven to 250 and place the cooked wings on a baking sheet to keep warm while you fry up the remainder of your wings.
- When using the air-fryer, do your best to not crowd the wings in the air fryer and keep everything in a single layer spaced out. This will allow your wings to become crispy.
- If you overcrowd the wings they will cook unevenly and just stream up instead of becoming crispy. If you overcrowd the wings they will cook unevenly and just stream up instead of becoming crispy.
QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE ABOUT AIR FRYER WINGS:
CAN I COOK FROZEN WINGS IN THE AIR FRYER?
Yes! One of my favorite things about the air fryer is that you don’t need to thaw the meat before cooking it. Cook your frozen wings as instructed in the recipe, but increase the cook time by about 30 minutes.
HOW TO REHEAT AIR FRYER WINGS?
Air fryers are great for keeping crispy foods crispy especially when it comes to reheating them. Preheat your air fryer to 350s F and heat the wings for 3-4 minutes. Your reheated chicken wings will taste just as crispy as the night before!
WHAT IS OLD BAY SEASONING?
Old Bay Seasoning is a blend of celery salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and a variety of other spices. It’s perfect for shrimp, crab, crab boil, fish, fries, chicken, and more!
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH CHICKEN TENDERS?
Absolutely! I know many people aren’t crazy about the bones in chicken wings. You can substitute whatever type of chicken you’d like to use to what best suits your preference.
1) Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
2) Prepare chicken tenders as instructed.
3) Place in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
4) Flip over and cook for 5 more minutes.
5) Toss in more Old Bay and serve.
Note: When cooking with different cuts of chicken, you may need to increase cook time to ensure it is cooked through appropriately.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AIR FRYING AND DEEP FRYING
Deep Frying food requires food to be submerged in oil. Air Frying gives food the best crispy textures, flavors, and fried food experience without all the oil. Air Fryers require about 1 tablespoon of oil to no oil at all. This cuts down on oil used, creates less clean up, and overall a healthier recipe.
I’M NEW TO AIR FRYING, WHAT’S THE SKINNY ON IT?
If you are new to air frying and this is your first recipe, get excited! Air frying is one of my favorite ways to cook. That said, if this is your first time or you are still contemplating getting an air fryer, you probably have a ton of questions (it’s totally normal).
You are probably asking yourself, What oil should I use? What can I cook in the air fryer? How do I clean my air fryer? What air fryer do you recommend? I have answered all these questions and more here!
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Chicken
- Mexican Street Corn White Chicken Chili
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass
- Candied Bacon
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Steak Tacos
- Blackened Salmon Rice Bowls
- Air Fryer Bacon
HELPFUL ITEMS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Air fryer – this is the one I have! If you’re looking for one under $100, check this on out.
- Oil mister – you can fill these with any oil you have in your pantry.
- Avocado oil – this is what I fill my mister with because it has a high smoke point.
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Silicone tip tongs
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER OLD BAY WINGS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, chicken wings recipes, or game day recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
If you loved this recipe, make sure you try these Air Fryer Buffalo Wings next!
Air Fryer Old Bay Wings
- Ninja Foodi Grill
Old Bay Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup old bay
- olive oil spray, for cooking
Old Bay Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F and toss the wings with salt, pepper, and a light dusting of Old Bay Seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- Arrange the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer (you might need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Spritz lightly with olive oil and air fry for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- When the wings are finished cooking, transfer them to a serving bowl or plate. I like to finish them with a generous coating of Old Bay Seasoning and Hot Honey!
- Pour honey, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes into a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat, stirring until fully combined. Transfer the hot honey to a small serving bowl and drizzle over the wings, or you can dip them in the honey!
- This recipe makes about 12 wings, double ingredients accordingly if making more.