Air fryer zucchini chips are the best way to enjoy your favorite crunchy potato chip snack without all the carbs. They make a delicious snack or appetizer and are just an all around delicious way to eat more vegetables!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Recipe
I am obsessed with my air fryer. It took me a while to get into it (it sat on a shelf for a year), but now that I have started using it more often I’m loving it.
Air fryers are a whole different animal, but once you get the hang of it (or have a few really great recipes to follow), it will easily become your new favorite kitchen appliance.
This is the air fryer I have. I don’t have anything to compare it to but it’s been pretty great! I bought it in purple because it was less expensive than the black option. It lives on a shelf in my laundry room and it doesn’t take up much room at all, so who cares what color it is, right?
For a little extra money, you can get an air fryer, all the accessories, and an air fryer cookbook. That’s a pretty great deal if you ask me! This is the one with all the extras.
One of many things I love about this recipe is that it didn’t take me forever to perfect like these stuffed peppers I tested those so many times!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips do make a great appetizer or side dish to those stuffed peppers though.
Another thing I love about this zucchini chip recipe is how simple it is to make them! Literally anyone can do it. If you have kids, this would be a great recipe to make with them.
Transforming vegetables into incredible deliciousness is one of my favorite things to do. If someone tells me they hate a certain vegetable, my response is always “but you have to try mine” because I’m convinced that I can make anyone love a vegetable, even if they think they won’t like it!
Zucchini is awesome because there are so many different ways to incorporate it into a dish:
- Air fryer zucchini chips
- Chocolate chip zucchini bread
- Zucchini chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate chip zucchini cake
How to make zucchini chips
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are easily made with five ingredients. All you need is a zucchini, panko bread crumbs, eggs, flour, and a little bit of paprika.
First, whisk the eggs together in a small bowl. Then combine the panko, flour, and paprika in another small bowl.
Slice your zucchini into thin rounds, about half an inch each. You can do this easily by using a mandolin or you can hand cut them with a very sharp knife. I use Cutco knives and love them, I found the set I use on Amazon.
If you choose to use a mandolin, this is the one I use when I need super thin slices or just don’t feel like using the knife. Cut resistant gloves are extremely important when utilizing a tool like this. They’re actually really great to have no matter what you’re cutting your vegetables with.
Once you have sliced the zucchini, dredge it in egg, then the panko mixture.
I find that pressing the panko mixture onto each zucchini slice really helps it stick.
Next, lay the zucchini in the air fryer basket in a single layer without overlapping them. Spray them with a bit of cooking oil and cook for 8 minutes, flip and spray them again and cook for 4 minutes on the other side.
While the zucchini chips are cooking, you can prep the rest of chips.
I like to salt my zucchini chips after they are finished cooking because they tend to shrink while they cook and can end up over salted if you add too much. Sometimes I sprinkle them with parmesan cheese to make parmesan zucchini chips because those are also delicious!
Dipping sauce for zucchini chips
You can serve air fried zucchini chips as a party appetizer or enjoy them as a snack. I served mine with my my absolute favorite sauce ever, Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce. I don’t know what it is about this sauce but I’ve been obsessed with it since I first discovered it over a year ago. It literally goes with everything! Zucchini chips also taste fantastic with tzatziki.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make baked zucchini chips in the oven! Rather than cooking the zucchini in the air fryer, bake them in the oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes then flip and bake for 5 minutes. Be sure to check on them and flip/remove them from the oven when they are golden brown!
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Bacon In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Steak Tacos
Here are a few products that I used in this recipe and highly recommend!
- Air fryer
- Metal air fryer rack
- Air fryer accessory pack
- Air fryer liners
- Sharp knives
- Mandoline Slicer and Vegetable Julienner
- Cut resistant gloves
- Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce
Want to try these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips?
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- cooking oil spray
- Sir Kensington's Special Sauce, for dipping
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine panko, flour, and paprika.
- Dip each zucchini slice in egg to fully coat, then in the panko mixture. I like to press the panko mixture onto each side of the zucchini to make sure it sticks.
- Working in batches, place the zucchini chips in the air fryer in a single layer, lightly spray with cooking spray, and cook at 400 F for 8 minutes, then flip and spray again and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Lightly salt the zucchini chips after they are finished cooking, if desired. I don't add salt to mine, but it's preferred to add salt after cooking because they shrink a bit and could end up overly salted if you add it before cooking.
- While the first batch is cooking, prepare the second batch to keep things moving quickly