Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are the best way to enjoy your favorite crunchy potato chip snack without all the carbs. They make a delicious snack or appetizer and are just an all around delicious way to eat more vegetables!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Recipe
I am obsessed with my air fryer. It took me a while to get into it (it sat on a shelf for a year), but now that I have started using it more often I’m loving it.
Air fryers are a whole different animal, but once you get the hang of it (or have a few really great air fryer recipes to follow), it will easily become your new favorite kitchen appliance.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Ingredients
I love how simple these zucchini chips are to make! Literally anyone can do it. If you have kids, this would be a great recipe to make with them.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- panko bread crumbs
- cooking spray
If you’re looking to make these gluten free, you can use gluten free panko and almond flour instead.
Transforming vegetables into incredible deliciousness is one of my favorite things to do. If someone tells me they hate a certain vegetable, my response is always “but you have to try mine” because I’m convinced that I can make anyone love a vegetable, even if they think they won’t like it!
Zucchini is awesome because there are so many different ways to incorporate it into a dish:
- Air fryer zucchini chips
- Chocolate chip zucchini bread
- Zucchini chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate chip zucchini cake
You can even hide it in meatballs!
How to make air fryer zucchini chips
1. Prepare the ingredients. Thinly slice the zucchini, whisk the eggs in a small bowl, in another small bowl, combine the flour panko, paprika, and salt.
2. Bread the zucchini chips. Dip each zucchini slice in the flour mixture, then in the egg, and then back in the flour mixture. I like to press the panko mixture onto each side of the zucchini to make sure it sticks.
3. Cook the zucchini chips. Working in batches, place the zucchini chips in the air fryer in a single layer, lightly spritz both sides of the chips with cooking spray, and cook at 400 F for 8 minutes, then flip and spray again and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Lightly salt after cooking if desired.
- Using a mandolin will get you perfectly thin and even zucchini slices.
- Cut resistant gloves are good to have on hand when working with sharp tools like a mandolin or a very sharp knife.
- If the zucchini chips look like they are drying out while cooking, give them a light spritz.
- When working in batches, you might find that each one needs less time.
Dipping sauce for zucchini chips
You can serve air fried zucchini chips as a party appetizer or enjoy them as a snack. I served mine with Homemade Spicy Mayo. I don’t know what it is about this sauce but I’ve been obsessed with it lately!
Zucchini chips also taste fantastic with tzatziki or Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make baked zucchini chips in the oven! Rather than cooking the zucchini in the air fryer, bake them in the oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes then flip and bake for 5 minutes.
Be sure to check on them and flip/remove them from the oven when they are golden brown!
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass
- Parmesan Zucchini Spears
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Bacon In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Steak Tacos
What To Serve With Zucchini Chips
Tools I Used For This Recipe
Here are a few products that I used in this recipe and highly recommend!
- Air fryer
- Metal air fryer rack
- Air fryer accessory pack
- Air fryer liners
- Sharp knives
- Mandoline Slicer and Vegetable Julienner
- Cut resistant gloves
Check out all my favorite kitchen and home products!
Questions You Might Have
If you’re zucchini chips aren’t getting crispy, you may have spritzed too much oil on them or not let enough egg drip off of them before dipping in the flour mixture. Also make sure you are preheating the air fryer before putting anything in it!
Never use wet batter in an air fryer. It will drip through the holes and make a mess!
If your air fryer doesn’t come with a pre-heat setting, just turn it on for about 5 minutes before placing food in the basket.
Want to try these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips?
PIN IT to your zucchini recipes, air fryer recipes, or appetizer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1.5 tablespoons paprika
- cooking oil spray
- spicy mayo, for dipping
- Thinly slice the zucchini, whisk the eggs in a small bowl, in another small bowl, combine the flour panko, paprika, and salt.
- Dip each zucchini slice in the flour mixture, then in the egg, and then back in the flour mixture. I like to press the panko mixture onto each side of the zucchini to make sure it sticks.
- Working in batches, place the zucchini chips in the air fryer in a single layer, lightly spritz both sides of the chips with cooking spray, and cook at 400 F for 8 minutes, then flip and spray again and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Lightly salt after cooking if desired.
- While the first batch is cooking, prepare the second batch to keep things moving quickly
- See recipe tips above for more!