With a bold and classic flavor, these Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for a crowd pleasing appetizer or a fun handheld dinner! Pair tender and spicy chicken with soft rolls for the ultimate party sandwich.
Why you’ll love this buffalo chicken sliders recipe
Adding buffalo sauce to just about anything is a great way to ensure it has the best flavor! Whether it’s Buffalo Chicken Tacos, a Buffalo Chicken Salad, Buffalo Chicken Dip, or these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, I’m always looking for excuses to include this iconic sauce on that ingredient list.
These sliders are stuffed with shredded chicken, cheese, a crunchy slaw, and blue cheese dressing to pull it all together. They’re super easy to make and a big hit at parties or while watching the game during football season. You could even serve them as a main course for a family dinner that’s guaranteed to satisfy!
Ingredients you will need
Cooked shredded chicken: bake a couple of chicken breasts, use leftover chicken from another meal, or buy a fresh rotisserie chicken to shred.
Buffalo sauce: this mouth-watering sauce is packed with the perfect amount of spicy, tangy flavor.
Slider rolls: I like to use Brioche rolls for a nice soft and fluffy result, but feel free to select your favorite brand or type of dinner rolls.
Provolone cheese: this mild cheese is perfect for a melty, gooey layer in your sliders.
Butter: prevents the buns from getting dry and adds a nice buttery flavor.
Garlic: fresh garlic provides a delicious savory bite.
Parsley or cilantro: either one of these ingredients is optional but great for a pop of color and herbal flavor. Green onions are another great option for garnishing and mixing into the slaw!
Slaw mix: any combination of shredded cabbage and carrots adds a nice vegetable crunch.
Blue cheese dressing: common to pair with buffalo sauce, this tangy and rich dressing contrasts perfectly with the spicy flavor. You can also add some blue cheese crumbles to make it a chunky blue cheese dressing!
How to make buffalo chicken sliders
1. Prepare the chicken. In a large mixing bowl, toss the shredded chicken with buffalo sauce.
2. Prepare the buns. Without disconnecting them, cut the buns in half horizontally and place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
3. Assemble the sandwiches. Place a layer of provolone on the bottom buns, then top with buffalo chicken mixture and place top layers of buns on the sliders. Brush the top of the rolls with melted butter mixed with garlic and half the parsley or cilantro (if using).
4. Bake the sliders. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or golden brown with melty cheese.
5. Make the slaw. While the sliders are baking, combine the slaw mix with the remaining parsley/cilantro and blue cheese dressing.
6. Finish the sliders. Remove the top buns and add your blue cheese slaw. Replace top buns, then slice the sandwiches and serve!
Tips for making buffalo chicken sliders
- If you’re not a fan of blue cheese dressing, herb ranch dressing is another perfectly fine option!
- Use other kinds of cheese for a slight twist on this recipe. Cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, Monterey jack, and mozzarella cheese are all delicious choices.
- Brioche buns are my slider roll of choice, but King’s Hawaiian rolls are another classic option for sliders.
- Line your baking dish or sheet tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper, or give it a spritz with cooking spray. This will make the sandwiches easier to remove and prevent sticking.
- Get yourself a nice large serrated knife and try to cut the rolls as evenly as possible for consistent sandwiches.
- These sliders are flavorful and saucy enough on their own, but feel free to serve with buffalo sauce or dressing on the side for those who can’t get enough!
- Add extra heat by using cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce with your spicy buffalo sauce.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Absolutely, there are multiple components in this sliders recipe that can easily be prepped days in advance. Make your buffalo chicken and slaw mixture 1-2 days ahead of time and keep them in the fridge.
Store separately, of course! Use an airtight container or plastic storage bags. Then you can easily assemble the sandwiches when it’s time to watch the game or get snacks ready for your party.
How to store sliders
Leftover sliders can be wrapped in plastic wrap or foil, or kept in a large airtight container in the fridge. Because of all the saucy ingredients, they’ll only be good for a day or two before the rolls get a bit soggy.
How to reheat
Cover the rolls with some foil and heat them in the oven at 325 degrees F until the cheese is melty again. It might be a pain, but I recommend separating the slaw from the sandwiches when you reheat them (unless you like hot coleslaw!).
What to serve with Hawaiian roll sliders
These sliders are delicious on their own, but even better to pair with other snacks and appetizers. Pair with celery sticks or carrot sticks. Serve alongside a batch of Air Fryer Potato Wedges or homemade Low Carb Tortilla Chips, or add an extra dimension of flavor with Avocado Crema! Here are some more serving ideas:
WANT TO TRY THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, game day recipes, or sliders recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce
- 12 brioche slider rolls, sliced in half
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, divided
- 2 cups slaw mix
- ¼ cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, toss the shredded chicken with buffalo sauce to coat. Set aside.
- Place the slider buns in a small baking dish or baking sheet. Place the provolone cheese over the bottom brioche buns, then spoon over the shredded buffalo chicken. Smooth into an even layer, and cover with the top buns.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the minced garlic and half the chopped parsley, and then brush the mixture over the top slider buns. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and buns begin to brown.
- While the sliders are baking, combine the slaw mix and remaining parsley with the blue cheese dressing.
- When the sliders are finished baking, remove them from the oven and carefully remove the top buns. Add the blue cheese slaw and place the top buns back on top. Slice and serve warm.