This recipe first appeared on Savory Experiments where I am a contributor.
This is my go-to Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe! It’s the best ever and requires very little effort—guaranteed to please everyone.
I’ve been making the same Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe for years but never actually put it down on paper. So I’m very excited to be sharing this with you!
This is my go-to dish to bring to every tailgate, Super Bowl party, or get-together with friends.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip is the quintessential appetizer for any party or family gathering. But since we’re not doing that at the moment, I suggest you make this dip for yourself to snack on all week!
Party food really is the best, even without the party. It’s also the best comfort food.
One day, we will all be able to gather again and you will be very happy to have perfected this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe during this time!
For now, I’ll be enjoying my Buffalo Chicken Dip alongside a Beyond Meat Burger for dinner. Or maybe even sandwiched between the buns, because WHY NOT?!
There’s so many fun ways to eat Buffalo Chicken Dip aside from eating it in its standard form, dip. Here are a few ideas:
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Stuffed Peppers
- Add the dip to a bed of fresh greens for a salad
- Make a quinoa bowl out of it with roasted veggies
What Goes Into Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Some might call this a pantry staple recipe, because most of us will already have the majority of these on hand. The ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip are quite simple:
- chicken breasts
- yellow onion
- chicken bone broth or chicken broth
- cream cheese
- ranch dressing
- hot sauce
- sharp cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In A Slow Cooker
Buffalo Chicken Dip comes together easily in the slow cooker. Everything cooks while you get other important things done!
1. Cook the chicken. Line the bottom of a slow cooker with the sliced onion and broth, place the chicken over the onion and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
2. Shred the chicken. Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Remove the onion and drain the broth from the slow cooker. Turn it on low and set the timer for 30 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Give it a quick stir and allow the mixture to cook.
3. Mix it all together. Mix everything together until fully combined – I like to do a quick taste test here, too. Add more hot sauce if you like it spicy or more ranch if you need to cool it down. Let it all cook for 30 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Tips And Tricks For Making Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Set your cream cheese on the counter to soften for 30-60 minutes so it’s easier to mix in.
- If you really want to kick up the heat in this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe, add extra hot sauce or grab a ghost pepper hot sauce.
- For extra melty cheese, use thick cut shredded cheese.
If you’re looking for a lightened up version, check out my Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe.
Some Questions You Might Have About The Recipe
What’s The Best Way To Shred Chicken?
I like to cook my chicken in the slow cooker for a few hours until it easily shreds with a fork. You can also do this in the Instant Pot if you’re pressed for time. If you’re really feeling lazy, just grab a rotisserie chicken, I won’t tell!
What kind of crackers should I serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Normally I serve this dip with tortilla chips (always the scoop version), pretzel thins, or pita chips. You can also use raw veggies like peppers or cucumbers.
Can I Bake Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Sure! Rather than cooking the chicken in the slow cooker, you can use canned chicken or a cooked rotisserie chicken from the store. Mix all the ingredients together in an oven-safe baking dish and bake it for 20-30 minutes at 350 F.
How Do You Reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip In The Oven?
If you want to reheat your leftovers, place them in an oven safe baking dish covered with foil. Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes, and give it a good stir halfway through.
More Dip Recipes To Try
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Easy Loaded Beer Cheese Dip With Sausage
- The Best Olive Oil Bread DipRoasted Beet Hummus
More Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- 5 Spice Perfect Air Fryer Chicken
- Mexican Street Corn White Chicken Chili
- Sesame Ginger Chicken With Lime
WANT TO TRY THIS SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, dip recipes, or game day recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- raw veggies, pretzels, or crackers for dipping
- chives for garnish
- Line the bottom of a slow cooker with the sliced onion and broth, place the chicken over the onion and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Remove the onion and drain the broth from the slow cooker. Turn it on low and set the timer for 30 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Give it a quick stir and allow the mixture to cook.
- Mix everything together until fully combined – I like to do a quick taste test here, too. Add more hot sauce if you like it spicy or more ranch if you need to cool it down. Let it all cook for 30 minutes, until the cheese has melted.