This delicious Cilantro Lime Crema recipe is easy to make and a great way to add flavor to tacos, seafood, or salads!
Honestly, this crema is so delicious, I might start putting it on everything. Did I mention how good it is with salmon?!
The crema however, it full of zesty, herby flavor, and it’s quick and easy to mix up!
What Is A Crema?
Crema is the Spanish word for cream. It’s thinner than sour cream and usually tangy with a touch of saltiness.
You can sometimes find it in stores, but I find it easier and more tasty to make at home.
Cilantro Lime Crema Ingredients
Their are only a handful of ingredients that go into making this easy and delicious cream sauce.
- Sour Cream – The tangy, tart flavor of sour cream backed by a rich creaminess is the base for this crema.
- Mayonnaise – You may be able to substitute the mayonnaise for Mexican Crema if you have it or prefer the flavor.
- Lime – For this recipe you are going to need the juice and zest of the lime! I love the citrusy flavor it brings.
- Cilantro – Obviously! Pro-tip with cilantro, fresh is best – typical this herb does not dry well so the fresher the better. For this recipe, make sure you finely chop it.
- Garlic – You can mince your own garlic for this recipe or buy it in a jar.
Did you know: This entire recipe is Keto friendly?!
How To Make Cilantro Lime Crema
Making a crema at home is simple. It takes about 5 minutes and about as much effort as simply combining a few ingredients.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, cilantro, and minced garlic.
Pro-Tip: Don’t like fish or seafood? Serve with my favorite Sweet Potato Fries!
Three Methods to Making Cilantro Lime Crema
By hand – This is my preferred method. It’s quick, it’s easy, and you don’t need to dirty another dish or appliance. The caveat here is you need to ensure you chopped the cilantro super fine.
Food processor – If you have one, you may want to use it! A food processor is super easy to blend small batches of sauce or dips. Throw it in and let is whiz!
Blender – A smaller blender, a large blender, or an immersion blender all work well to get the job done here! However, watch the consistency when you are blending, you don’t want it too runny!
Pro-Tip: When using a food processor or a blender for this recipe, you don’t want the crema to become a soup! Watch the consistency when you are blending and processing.
You may want to leave out some of the sour cream and hand stir that in with the rest of the ingredients before serving.
Ways to Serve Cilantro Lime Crema
Fish Tacos – I love a good fish taco with the perfect sauce!
Burritos – Dip your favorite homemade or takeout burrito in something delicious with this crema!
Fries – I love to dip sweet potato fries, but any french fry will work!
Veggies – Whether you roast, pan fry, or microwave your veggies, they will thank you for dipping them in this incredible crema.
Salads – Tired of that same old salad dressing? Me too! Instead of your go-to bottle dressing, give this a try!
Nachos – Looking for a unique dip for your nachos? This will give your nachos the perfect bite.
Quesadillas – Because I want to put this sauce on everything, why not a quesadilla? Take a chance – thank me later!
What do you store your sauces in?
WANT TO TRY THIS CILATRO LIME CREMA RECIPE?
PIN IT to your dipping sauce recipes or crema recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Iime, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, cilantro, and minced garlic. Serve with your favorite tacos or seafood!
- Serve immediately or store in a glass jar for later.