Get ready to put these premium Roasted Red Peppers on everything! They’re easy to make and are the perfect topping to bowls or sandwiches.
Oven roasted red peppers not only make the perfect topping to lunches and dinners but also make the perfect healthy snack and side dish!
Looking for other delicious toppings? These pickled red onions add the perfect tang and crunch to sandwiches, bowls, and salads!
Oven Roasted Red Peppers
There is nothing better than the charred flavor of roasted peppers on top of a burger fresh off the grill.
Summer is around the corner and delicious fourth of July recipes will be trailing close behind.
If you love adding extra flavor to all your meals, you are going to love these. Roasted peppers are completely different from raw peppers and pack incredible flavors that will have you reaching for more after the first bite.
Ingredients for Roasted Red Peppers
Roasted peppers come together pretty quick with only four pantry staple ingredients!
Peppers: for this recipe I used 4 red bell peppers. However, you can roast any colored bell pepper with this recipe.
Roasting time might vary based on size of the pepper.
Oils: extra virgin olive oil and olive oil cooking spray. I love cooking with olive oil. However, if you are throwing these on the grill, you might need something with a higher smoke point; I recommend using avocado oil instead.
Herbs and spices: all you need is a little sea salt!
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to Roast Red Peppers
1. Prepare the peppers. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Slice the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds. Then cut each pepper in half lengthwise.
2. Roast the red peppers. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and place the peppers flesh side down. Roast for 40-50 minutes, until peppers are soft and skin is charred.
Remove the peppers from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before removing the skin.
3. Remove the skin from the peppers. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before removing the skin. Use your hands to gently peel and remove loose skin from the peppers.
4. Slice the peppers. Slice the peppers into 1-inch strips and store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Fill the jar with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
Ways Eat with Roasted Peppers
I love recipes that I can use in different ways time and time again and never get bored. You can do so much with roasted peppers like:
- Healthy snack. Change it up from raw peppers to roasted peppers as a delicious (and healthy) mid-day snack!
- Side dish. These peppers make an awesome side dish to Chimichurri Steak!
- Mexican recipes. These peppers pair perfectly with Steak Fajitas and Tacos.
- So much more. Use your peppers for something a little different like sandwiches, pizza toppings, sausage and peppers, and more!
Your peppers don’t just have to be red. Add color to your dish with any color pepper!
Questions You May Have
Yes! Roasted Red Peppers are just roasted bell peppers. However, if you are buying store bought, make sure to look at the jar. If they are “hot” they may not be bell peppers.
If you have never tried a roasted pepper, you are in for a treat. They have a beautiful lightly sweet flavor with an incredible char.
Roasting red peppers takes very little time. With heat, roast the peppers, remove the skin, cut, and serve.
If red peppers aren’t for you, I recommend roasting eggplant, zucchini, or tomatoes instead.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- Pistachio Crusted Air Fryer Salmon
- Jalapeño Lime Pan Seared Chicken
- Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
WANT TO TRY THIS ROASTED RED PEPPERS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your pepper recipes, side dish recipes, or vegetable recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 red bell peppers
- olive oil cooking spray
- sea salt, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Slice the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds. Then cut each pepper in half lengthwise.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and place the peppers flesh side down. Roast for 40-50 minutes, until peppers are soft and skin is charred. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before removing the skin.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before removing the skin. Use your hands to gently peel and remove loose skin from the peppers.
- Slice the peppers into 1 inch strips and store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Fill the jar with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
The Sudden Cook
Thanks for the step by step! I tried roasting them once before and epicly failed. Tnx for sharing this recipe:)
These roasted red peppers were so delicious and very tasty on our burgers! Definitely keeping this recipe on hand!
I love this as a side to so many of my favorite meals. Delicious way of eating peppers!
These are perfect as a pizza topping! Can’t believe how easy these are to make and you end up with plenty to go around!
I love adding roasted red peppers to my morning omelette. I tend to use jarred red peppers, but making my own is definitely the best way to go. Thanks for the inspiration.