With a perfect balance of bright and tangy flavors, this Lemon Dill Sauce is your new favorite homemade condiment. Thanks to simple ingredients and quick prep, this is the ultimate sauce for salmon patties, salads, sandwiches, and more!
You are going to love this Sauce for Salmon Patties!
This easy dill sauce recipe only requires 5 ingredients and is super easy to prep. You can mix up a bowl of this salmon patty sauce while the patties cook and have a fresh and delicious condiment ready just in time.
A bit similar to my crab cake sauce, this creamy dill sauce for salmon patties will become a go-to recipe to serve with all of your seafood favs!
Ingredients for this Salmon Patty Sauce
- Plain Greek yogurt: Aside from a creamy texture and tangy flavor, Greek yogurt is also rich in protein, which adds a nice nutritious element to this sauce. Sour cream is a potential substitution.
- Mayonnaise: Helps with that creaminess and doubles down on the rich, tangy flavor.
- Lemon juice: I prefer using fresh lemon juice, but you can use store bought bottled lemon juice for an easier version. Add some lemon zest to the sauce as well for extra fresh flavor.
- Fresh dill: I also like to use fresh herbs for a nice flavor and color. If you use dried dill, start with less and taste the sauce, then add as needed.
- Black pepper: Simple cracked pepper helps tie together all of the flavors with a little bit of piney bite.
How to make Sauce for Salmon Cakes
- Making this delicious sauce is as simple as combining the yogurt, mayo lemon juice, chopped dill, and pepper in a small bowl.
- If you made this dill sauce for salmon patties, drizzle it over top with a squeeze of lemon juice. You could also serve it as a sandwich spread or a dip for veggies!
How to use this Dill Sauce for Salmon Patties
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this delicious sauce is with salmon cakes, which you can easily cook in the oven or air fryer. It also pairs really well with other salmon recipes like this elegant lemon pepper salmon, or a light and satisfying salmon salad sandwich.
While I think this takes salmon to the next level, lemony yogurt dill sauce will pair well with your favorite fish or seafood dish, whatever it may be! It even works as a companion for veggies like steamed green beans, a unique dipping sauce for french fries, or as a fix-in for baked potato night.
More homemade condiments to try
More easy recipes to try
How to store Salmon Patties Sauce
Keep your salmon patty sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. I don’t recommend freezing leftover sauce, as the dairy ingredients (especially the mayo) will separate and the texture will be different when thawed. Luckily, this creamy sauce is so yummy, it probably won’t be around for long anyway!
WANT TO TRY THIS LEMON DILL SAUCE RECIPE?
PIN IT to your sauce recipes or seafood sauce recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Lemon Dill Sauce for Salmon Patties
- Combine the greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Serve with salmon cakes, tacos, or your favorite fish!
- If you want to make this sauce a little healthier, you can swap the mayonnaise for more Greek yogurt.