Air Fryer Pork Chops are juicy, tender, and sure to become one of your favorite air fryer recipes! This 15 minute pork chop recipe is perfect for any night of the week.
Looking for more pork chop recipes? Check out this Smothered Pork Chop Recipe next!
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
If you know me or follow me on Instagram, you know my air fryer is one of my favorite appliances ever. If you’re new around here, I’ve been air frying everything from bagel bites to Filet Mignon for a few years now.
It took me a while to make an effort to learn how to use an air fryer but once I did, I loved it!
This Air Fryer Pork Chop recipe is full of flavor and the perfect protein packed easy lunch or dinner solution!
Air Fryer Pork Chops Ingredients
Meat: for this recipe I used thick cut boneless pork chops, but you can also use bone-in pork chops if you prefer.
How to Make Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
1. Salt the pork chops. About 15 minutes before you’re ready to start cooking, salt both sides of the pork chops. For the most tender meat, salt them 30-60 minutes before cooking.
2. Season the pork chops. Preheat the air fryer to 375° F. In a small mixing bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Season both sides of the pork chops.
3. Cook the pork chops. Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket and air fry for 14 minutes, flipping halfway. The pork chops should be 145° F inside. A meat thermometer will give you the most accurate reading. Remove pork chops from the air fryer, tent with foil on a plate and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparing your Pork
It’s important to prepare your pork (or any other meat) before cooking.
To prepare your pork before cooking, salt both sides of the pork chops with kosher salt 15 minutes before cooking. Ideally, 30-60 minutes before cooking. You can even salt them up to four hours before cooking if you have the time.
Salting pork chops before cooking will make the meat even more tender and juicy!
Is Air Frying Healthy?
Air fryers use far less oil than deep frying or even pan searing. The most you’ll ever need is a little spritz of olive oil or avocado oil.
Air frying food cuts the calories by about 70-80%. Food cooked in the air fryer also contains less fat since it uses little to no oil.
Questions you may have
How long do you cook a pork chop in the air fryer?
It can take anywhere from 8-20 minutes to cook pork chops in the air fryer.
It’s important to note the thickness of the meat and whether in you have bone-in or boneless pork chops. If you’re using very thick bone-in pork chops, they might take a little longer to cook.
The pork chops I used in this recipe were about one inch thick.
How do you cook pork chops without drying them out?
Cooking pork chops in the air fryer will help them retain their moisture. If you notice the outside of the pork chop getting a little dry, simply spritz it with a little bit of olive oil.
Don’t forget to allow your pork chops to rest for a few minutes after cooking! Giving the chops a few minutes to rest so the fibers of the meat relax will give you a more tender bite and a juicier piece of meat.
Pro tip: bone-in pork chops will also help increase juiciness and tenderness of the meat.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
You can use aluminum foil as long as you leave space for airflow by poking holes or using air fryer accessories. Airflow is essential in an air fryer, as it pushes the hot air all around the food to cook it. If you restrict airflow, your food may not cook properly.
What to serve with Pork Chops
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
More Dinner Recipes You Might Like
- Basil Butter Scallops With Moroccan Couscous
- Barbacoa Tacos
- BBQ Chicken Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Simple Chicken Pho
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your pork chop recipes, dinner recipes, or air fryer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- About 15 minutes before you're ready to start cooking, generously salt both sides of the pork chops with about 1 tbsp of salt. For the most tender meat, salt them 30-60 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F. In a small mixing bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Season both sides of the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket and air fry for 14 minutes, flipping halfway. The pork chops should be 145° F inside. A meat thermometer will give you the most accurate reading. Remove pork chops from the air fryer, tent with foil on a plate and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.