The ultimate Air Fryer Meatballs – tender juicy meatballs made with ground chicken, zucchini, and a few pantry staple spices. These easy chicken meatballs are the perfect party appetizer and ready in just 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Meatballs Recipe
Meatballs are definitely a favorite in our household. Not just because they are easy to make and packed with flavor, but because they are so versatile when it comes to getting a quick lunch or dinner on the table.
I have made meatballs on the stove and I have made meatballs in the oven, but let me tell you – nothing tops an air-fryer meatball!
Just like everything else you make in the air fryer, these meatballs are perfectly crisp on the outside and so juicy and tender on the inside.
Here’s to the tender and juicy perfection! You will literally never make them any other way again, I promise.
These meatballs are also Whole30 and Keto friendly!
Air Fryer Meatball Ingredients
- Meat: I like to use ground chicken for mine, but you can use ground pork or ground beef instead.
- Zucchini: Grated zucchini is what makes these meatballs extra moist and keeps them from drying out.
- Spices: A few pantry staple spices and herbs give these Air Fryer Meatballs so much flavor!
A full list of ingredients can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Making Meatballs in the Air Fryer
1. Preheat the air fryer. Start by preheating your air fryer to 400° F.
2. Grate the zucchini. Using a grater, finely grate your zucchini into a mesh strainer. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt to extract the excess water and gently press down on it with your fingers to drain the liquid.
3. Make the meatball mixture. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add your ground chicken, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, egg, and drained zucchini and mix.
4. Make the meatballs. Form the mixture into 16 1-inch balls using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop. If you don’t have a cookie scoop two spoons or your hands will do!
5. Cook the meatballs. Place the meatballs in the air fryer with space in between (I recommend cooking in batches) and cook 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through, until fully cooked through.
I like to dip mine in Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce!
What to Serve with Meatballs
- Crispy Whole30 Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Easy Sauteed Green Beans With Garlic And Lemon
- Israeli Couscous With Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Tomato Ricotta Pesto Pasta
Questions You Might Have About This Recipe
How do you air fry frozen meatballs?
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F
- Place the meatballs in the air fryer basket
- Cook for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through
How long should you cook meatballs in sauce?
Carefully drop each meatball into your simmering sauce, cover the saucepan, and simmer over low heat for about 5 – 8 minutes.
Can you overcook meatballs?
Is there anything you can’t overcook? There are many ways to overcook a meatball whether in the air-fryer or while simmering in the sauce.
Keep an eye on your meatballs, you don’t want to burn them and you don’t want them to dry out!
Should I cook meatballs before putting them in sauce?
If you follow this recipe, then yes, cook air-fry the meatballs before placing them in the sauce. However, if you don’t want to use the air fryer, you can cook them slow and low in the sauce. A slow cooker is great for this!
Place the uncooked meatballs in the simmering sauce, cover, and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Citrus Soy Asian Salmon
- 15+ Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Best Air Fryer Fish Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER MEATBALL RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, meatball recipes, or air fryer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Meatballs
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
- Finely grate the zucchini into a mesh strainer. Add 1/2 tbsp salt to extract the excess water and allow it to sit over the sink while you prep the other ingredients. Gently press down on the grated zucchini with your fingers to drain the excess liquid.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the ground chicken, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, egg, and drained zucchini.
- Form the chicken mixture into 16 1-inch balls using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Place the meatballs in the air fryer with space in between (you might need to work in batches) and cook 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through, until fully cooked through.