These Lemon Pepper Wings are air fried for crispy perfection. This easy recipe makes the perfect game day appetizer or dinner!
Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
Who’s ready for chicken wings that will knock your socks off?!
Recently, I’ve been missing watching Sunday football at a local bar or restaurant, hanging with friends, and eating chicken wings.
Since I can’t recreate the entire atmosphere, I figured I’d take a stab at brining some normalcy into the house with these incredible Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Wings!
Truthfully, these Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are super simple (3 easy steps) and bursting with flavor, no one will believe they only took you 20 minutes!
BONUS: these air fryer wings have the perfect crispy coating with a juicy and tender meat!
Lemon Pepper Wing Ingredients
Protein: for this recipe I used fresh, never-frozen chicken wings.
Pro tip: you can make this recipe with frozen wings as well, just be sure to thaw them first. I’ve heard of people cooking frozen wings in the air fryer, but I have not tried yet.
Dry ingredients: baking powder
Optional: you can use fresh squeezed lemon juice for the perfect topping.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Wings
1. Season the wings. Preheat the air fryer to 350° F. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and baking powder.
Place the wings in a large mixing bowl and toss with the seasoning to coat.
2. Cook the wings. Place seasoned wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through until they are golden brown and crispy.
3. Serve the wings. Remove the wings from the air fryer, squeeze fresh lemon juice (if desired), and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. If working in batches, place wings on a baking sheet in the oven at 250° F to keep them warm.
Questions you may have:
Are lemon pepper wings good?
Lemon Pepper Wings are a favorite of wing lovers everywhere, but particularly in the south.
I love their tangy, peppery flavor and they pair well with most dipping sauces!
Can I have lemon pepper wings on keto?
Yes! Lemon pepper wings are keto friendly. Store bought lemon pepper seasoning will be very low in carb or not have any carbs at all, making it a great choice for keto.
If you are on the Keto diet, be sure to check the nutrition label of your seasoning before purchasing, as ingredients might vary.
What is lemon pepper seasoning made of?
Lemon pepper seasoning is made up of dried lemon zest, pepper, and salt.
Store bought seasoning may contain additional ingredients, be sure to check the label.
What does lemon pepper taste like?
I love lemon pepper seasoning because it combines the perfect sour citrus notes of lemon and the bold flavor of black pepper. The taste is truly like no other seasoning.
HOW DOES AN AIR FRYER WORK?
You may be wondering how this little kitchen gadget can make such delicious “fried” food. Well, I promise it’s way easier than it seems. Check out these air fryer tips if you’re just starting out!
An air fryer can be compared to a convection oven. Essentially, the hot air circulates around the food. The food is cooked to a delicious crisp, but it also cooks it evenly.
The best part of using an air fryer is that you don’t have to use a lot of oil. It also heats up and cooks faster than an oven, so it saves you a lot of calories and time!
TYPES OF AIR FRYERS
I have the Ninja Air Fryer but there are lots of different brands of air fryers out there. Here are a few other brands to check out:
Always read the reviews before purchasing any new appliance, especially the 1 star reviews, and take them with a grain of salt!
Once you get one, you’ll want to make sure you have all the best air fryer accessories so you can really put your new kitchen gadget to good use!
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
More Game Day Recipes You Need To Make
- 30+ Game Day Recipes
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
WANT TO TRY THIS LEMON PEPPER WINGS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, game day recipes, or chicken wing recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and baking powder. Place the wings in a large mixing bowl and toss with the seasoning to coat.
- Place seasoned wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer, squeeze fresh lemon juice (if desired), and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. If working in batches, place wings on a baking sheet in the oven at 250° F to keep them warm.