Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes perfection has arrived! The healthy alternative to deep fried potatoes is here and worth every bite.
The Best Air Fryer Potatoes
Get ready to fall in love with the newest and best air fryer potato recipe.
Crispy on the outside, starchy perfection on the inside. It’s true…potatoes have never tasted so good!
If you got an air-fryer over the holidays and haven’t made potatoes yet, get ready to fall in love. Air Fryer French Fries are great and usually the first thing people want to make with an air fryer, but these crispy potatoes are even better!
With just a couple potatoes and some pantry staple spices, this recipe comes together really quickly with delicious seasoning and a brushing of olive oil.
If you’re looking for even more potato recipes, check out these delicious Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
Air Fryer Potato Ingredients
Potato: the obvious ingredient! I used mini potatoes, also known as creamer potatoes or baby potatoes. You can also use red potatoes if you prefer.
Wet ingredients: the juice from a lemon wedge and a brushing of olive oil.
You can make this recipe with sweet potatoes too!
How to Make Air Fryer Potatoes
1. Preheat the air-fryer and make the seasoning. Preheat the air fryer to 400° F and combine the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Season the potatoes. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoning over top and mix until fully coated.
3. Cook the potatoes. Place potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 F for 10 minutes, turn the potatoes and cook 3-5 minutes. Check every 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes, cook time will vary.
Air Fryer Tips
- Pre-heating your air-fryer is essential. If your air fryer doesn’t have a built in pre-heat option, set it and give it about 5 minutes.
- Give your food space in the air fryer. This will allow for those perfect crispy edges.
- I recommend using olive oil with a high smoke point, like this one. It will last longer under high heat, while others will evaporate.
Questions you may have:
Soaking potatoes in cold water before frying them helps get them super crispy and prevents them from sticking together. However, for this recipe, you don’t have to soak them.
Air fried potatoes are healthier than deep fried potatoes because they use a lot less oil to become super crispy and have less calories.
Yes. Add the oil and toss everything together to ensure the potatoes are well coated. Set the fryer to cook for about 20 minutes at 350 F.
Anything with batter will not air fry well or as you’d expect. For example, homemade corndogs would need to be deep fried instead of air fried.
Cheese can also be an issue in an air fryer…it melts. So, if you are going to air fry cheese, like air fried mozzarella sticks), make sure you freeze it first.
What To Serve With Crispy Potatoes
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Juicy Air Fryer Meatballs
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER POTATOES RECIPE?
PIN IT to your potato recipes, side dish recipes, or air fryer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Potatoes
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F and combine the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoning over top and mix until fully coated.
- Place potatoes in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes, toss and cook 3-5 minutes. Check every 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes, cook time will vary.