Air Fryer Broccoli comes together in just 8 minutes! It’s tender and crisp around the edges. Just like oven roasted broccoli, but better.
Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
If you love your veggies and are looking for a healthy side dish, this recipe was meant for you!
Vegetables are a staple in my house for both lunch and dinner. Why?
Because honestly, they are delicious and so full of color!
But also, there are so many health benefits to getting in your veggies, why not add them to your meals?
So you’ve probably been roasting your broccoli in the oven for most of your life, right? Or maybe you like to make a one pan meal out of some sheet pan chicken with broccoli all around.
This broccoli recipe is going to be a game changer for you. After trying this one, you might never want to make it the old way again!
Air Fryer Broccoli Ingredients
Healthy greens: you will need two heads of broccoli (about 2 cups) to make this delicious broccoli recipe!
Dairy: grated parmesan cheese.
Wet ingredients: for that final touch of flavor, you will need some lemon juice and for cooking you will need a touch of olive oil and water.
*for a detailed list of ingredients, see the recipe card down below.
How to make Air Fryer Broccoli
1. Prepare broccoli and seasoning. Preheat the air fryer to 390° F and cut the broccoli into small florets. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
2. Season the broccoli. Place the broccoli florets in a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, then add the seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
3. Cook the broccoli. Pour water into the lower basket and place the seasoned broccoli in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender and slightly charred.
4. Serve the broccoli. Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl and garnish with red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Keep your broccoli in a single layer when air frying, this will give you the best (and most tender) broccoli!
What to Serve With Broccoli
Here are some of my favorite main dish recipes to prepare with your Air Fryer Broccoli.
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Jalapeño Lime Pan Seared Chicken
- Copycat Chipotle Barbacoa Beef
- Chimichurri Steak
- Slow Cooker Ribs
- Creamy Garlic Tuscan Salmon
Questions You Might Have
No, you can’t steam food in an air fryer. An air fryer is designed to circulate air around the food with a minimal amount of oil. A steamer heats water to create steam.
Deep frying broccoli requires a lot of oil and is not the healthiest way of cooking. However, air frying broccoli requires less oil and is a much healthier option. If you are looking for a really healthy option, boiling broccoli keeps in the most nutrients.
Yes, you can put aluminum in the air fryer. It makes the clean up easier, but make sure you poke holes in it so the air can still circulate.
Yes! I recommend adding the seasoning after cooking the broccoli in the air fryer for a few minutes to let it thaw out.
More Vegetable Side Dishes
- Crispy Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Chili Lime Roasted Carrots
- Air Fryer Potatoes
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER BROCCOLI RECIPE?
PIN IT to your air fryer recipes, broccoli recipes, or side dish recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Preheat the air fryer to 390° F and cut the broccoli into small florets. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Place the broccoli florets in a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, then add the seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour the water in the lower basket and place the seasoned broccoli in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender and slightly charred.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl and garnish with red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, and a squeeze of lemon juice.