Healthy breakfast made easy! These Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are cooked to perfection without having to boil water, and are great for on the go.
Can you imagine hard boiled eggs ready to eat in less than 15 minutes? Forget waiting for water to boil, this easy egg recipe takes just 5 minutes of prep and 11 minutes in the air fryer.
Whether you are looking to enjoy them for a quick breakfast, lunch, to weekly meal prep, this easy hard boiled egg recipe is one you’ll want to bookmark.
Put those hard boiled eggs to use in some of my favorite recipes like these Breakfast Hummus Bowls or Crispy Quinoa Breakfast Bowls. You can also add them to any of your favorite salads.
Air Fryer Eggs Recipe
If you enjoy hard boiled eggs, then you are definitely going to want to try making them in the air fryer. This is my new favorite method for making eggs.
Long gone are the days of pulling out a pot, filling it with water, waiting for it to boil, and then finally dropping your eggs in (hoping they don’t crack)…and still having to wait.
Air fryer eggs are a completely hands-off approach to making hard boiled eggs. All you have to do is grab your air fryer, set the temperature, pop in your eggs, and let the air fryer do the cooking.
BONUS: air fryer hard boiled eggs are so easy to peel!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Egg Ingredients
Eggs: they are a great source of lean protein and amino acids; perfect for a quick and nutritious breakfast. For this recipe, I use 4 eggs (2 servings). If you are looking to make more, double or triple the recipe as needed.
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
1. Preheat the air fryer to 300° F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting, allow for 5 minutes of preheating.
2. Cook the eggs. Place the eggs in the air fryer basket and air fry the eggs for 11 minutes.
3. Place the eggs in an ice water bath. Immediately place the eggs into a bowl of ice water for about one minute to stop them from cooking more.
4. Peel the eggs. Peel and enjoy! I like to season mine with flaky sea salt, truffle oil (or chili infused olive oil), black garlic seasoning from Trader Joe’s, and sliced green onions.
How to Season
Everyone loves some salt and pepper, but your eggs and tastebuds deserve more flavor!
Spruce up your eggs with toppings like:
- Flaky sea salt
- Truffle oil
- Chili infused olive oil
- Black garlic seasoning
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Hot sauce
- Basil infused olive oil
- Diced tomatos
Tips for Making Hard Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Everyone’s air fryer works a little differently. Your air fryer might take less time or a bit longer especially if you are working in batches.
- If you have not cleaned your air fryer in a minute, your eggs might get some brown spots on them, don’t worry, that won’t ruin them! Note: oil on the basket makes the outer shell of the egg harder to peel.
- Preheating is always suggested to get your air fryer to the correct temperature.
- Even though we aren’t making anything crispy, don’t overcrowd your air fryer. Overcrowding can cause some of the eggs to cook unevenly.
How long does it take to hard boil eggs in an air fryer?
To cook 4 hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, will take you about 10 – 11 minutes.
If you are adding eggs you might need to increase the cooking time to ensure all the eggs are cooked through all the way.
Do eggs explode in the air fryer?
Nope! Unlike the microwave or the stove, if you let them boil for too long, your hard boiled eggs will not explode in the air fryer.
Cooking eggs in the air fryer is safe and a great way to get kids involved too if you are looking to teach them how to cook something low risk and get them in the kitchen.
How do you store hard boiled eggs?
The best way to store hard boiled eggs after you have made them is in the fridge in an airtight container. I store mine with the shell on in a glass container with a lid.
However, if you peel your eggs and then want to store them, I definitely recommend not only covering them but also covering them with a moist or damp paper towel surrounding them before putting them in a container in order to keep them moist.
How long can you keep hard boiled eggs?
Hard boiled eggs with the shell on will last in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
If you are planning on making them to enjoy later on, I recommend leaving the shell on as the shell will protect the egg from breaking and from other bacteria thus allowing it to last longer and giving it maximum shelf life.
Can you freeze hard boiled eggs?
Yes, but only the egg yolk (the yellow part). However, I don’t recommend freezing eggs or hard boiled eggs in general.
I have never frozen eggs, however, from what I have heard the egg whites become tough and rubbery after freezing or can change colors (gross)!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Air Fryer: you can’t make air fryer eggs without an air fryer. If you don’t already have one, you’ll want to read all about the best air fryer to buy. It’s a great read since there are so many different air fryers and it can be hard to make a decision.
Bowls: to give your eggs an ice bath, you will definitely need a bowl. Depending on your batch size you may need a small bowl, medium bowl, or large bowl.
Knife: make a smooth cut into your hard boiled eggs with a sharp kitchen knife.
Cutting board: I’m going to sound like everyone’s mom for a second, but don’t cut on the counter! Save your countertops and make sure to use a quality cutting board.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Crab Rangoons
- Air Fryer Shrimp And Peppers
- Bagel Bites in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Broccoli
WANT TO TRY AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your air fryer recipes, eggs recipes, or breakfast recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the air fryer to 300° F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting, allow for 5 minutes of preheating.
- Cook the eggs for 11 minutes.
- Immediately place the eggs into a bowl of ice water for about one minute to stop them from cooking more.
- Peel and enjoy! I like to season mine with flaky sea salt, truffle oil (or chili infused olive oil), black garlic seasoning from Trader Joe's, and sliced green onions.
I use a Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro. Can I hard-boil eggs in it without them exploding? Do I just out them on the basket for air frying like any other food?
Yep! Just follow the instructions written in the recipe card.
My eggs peeled so easily and tasted amazing!
Another great recipe for my air fryer! Made a batch of these this afternoon; perfect for a healthy snack before dinner!
So easy! This will be my go-to way to make hard boiled eggs from now on.
Love this idea – I’m a big fan of hard boiled eggs for a quick protein hit. Sooo much easier than boiling and they came out perfect!
What can’t the air fryer do? This is amazing! Even my kids can easily do this.