Avocado Corn Salad is the perfect bright summer salad loaded with grilled corn, avocado, cherry tomatoes, all tied together with a creamy dressing.
Don’t wait another second to make this incredible summer salad! This crowd-pleaser is packed with incredible flavors, textures, and is the perfect side dish or base to all your favorite proteins and summer BBQ’s.
If you love specialty salads, try this Strawberry Spinach Salad or this Strawberry Caprese Chicken Salad next!
Perfect Summer Corn Salad with Avocado
For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you saw it there first when I got on IG live to make it with everyone!
This corn tomato avocado salad recipe is simple and easy to make and is a great way to put all of this season’s corn to use. Bonus: this recipe is also great for those autumn get-togethers with friends and family.
The salad combines a nice range of ingredients that will have you tasting many different and delicious flavors. From jalapeños to avocados and pumpkin seeds to fresh mint, your taste buds will be having a field day from this salad.
One of the key tips in making this salad is fresh produce. If possible, I recommend searching your local farmer’s market or farm stands for fresh ingredients like corn, jalapeños, tomatoes, and avocado.
Making this easy avocado corn salad in the cooler months? No problem, you can use frozen corn or canned corn instead!
Ingredients You Will Need
Fruits and veggies: fresh corn on the cob, jalapeño, ripe avocados, cherry tomatoes, and a red onion.
Seasoning: roasted pumpkin seeds, fresh basil, and fresh mint. If you need to substitute any of the herbs, you can use fresh cilantro or parsley instead.
Cheese: grated cotija cheese – feta cheese is a good substitute here.
Creamy Salad Dressing Ingredients
Wet ingredients: mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, and white balsamic vinegar.
Fresh herbs and spices: cumin, paprika, kosher salt, and black pepper.
How to Make Avocado Corn Salad
1. Cook the corn: heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil. Place half the corn in the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until kernels are charred. Remove the corn from the skillet and set it aside to cool.
2. Prepare the salad: remove kernels from all 4 ears of corn and place in a large bowl. Add the avocado, tomatoes, jalapeño, roasted pumpkin seeds, basil, mint, and cotija cheese to the bowl. Gently toss with dressing and serve.
How to Make Corn Salad Dressing
I like to make the dressing while waiting for the corn to char. To make it, just mix together all of the ingredients until fully incorporated.
I also like to add the sliced red onion to the dressing to let it marinate and remove some of the bitterness.
Can I Prep this Corn Salad Recipe in Advance?
You can certainly make this salad in advance. I recommend not making it too far in advance though just because of the avocado. Avocados have only a small amount of time where they are best to eat before they turn brown.
I also recommend keeping the ingredients in separate containers if possible. This way the fruits and veggies don’t make the other ingredients soggy.
When you’re ready to serve, you can quickly and easily toss all the prepared ingredients in the serving bowl together.
What To Serve With Your Corn Salad
This Summer Corn Salad can be served and eaten in a few different ways. Don’t underestimate eating it straight up as it is, because it is so good! Here are some other suggestions:
- Use it as a dip with tortilla chips
- Pair it with Grilled Chicken or Shrimp Tacos
- Add Chimichurri Steak
- Add Blackened Shrimp
Avocado Corn Salad Variations
Consider adding some of your favorite ingredients like:
- Black Beans
- Red Peppers
- Green Peppers
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Drunken Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Air Fryer Chicken
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Tangy citrus avocado salad – I love this one, especially in the winter when citrus is at its peak!
- Fall harvest salad is perfect for Fall (duh) and is super hearty with lots of fresh veggies and quinoa.
- Tex Mex flank salad is a delicious salad to serve year-round, but I especially love it in the spring and summer because of all the bright flavors!
- Farmer’s market salad with couscous can be served alongside your favorite protein or by itself as a vegetarian dish.
- Grilled chicken pasta salad is full of vibrant Summer fruits. It’s a major crowd pleaser, so consider doubling the recipe!
- Mexican street corn salad is another one of my favorite corn salad recipes.
WANT TO TRY THIS AVOCADO CORN SALAD RECIPE?
PIN IT to your corn salad recipes, side dish recipes, or summer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Avocado Corn Salad
- 4 ears of corn
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- 1/4 of a small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Place two of the four ears of corn in the skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until kernels are charred. Remove the corn from the skillet and set aside to cool. Remove the kernels of all four ears of corn and place in a large bowl.
- Add the avocado, tomatoes, jalapeño, roasted pumpkin seeds, basil, mint, and cotija cheese to the bowl. Gently toss with dressing and serve.
- While the corn is cooking, mix the mayonnaise, cumin, paprika, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sliced onions to the dressing and marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- If you have Trader Joe’s Everything But The Elote Seasoning, you can add 1/2 of a tablespoon to the dressing for more flavor.
- Add a dash of chili seasoning to the dressing for a little heat.
Perfect combination of items that I always love eating and in such a beautiful salad. Can’t wait to make it again!
This is my favorite summer dish!
Loved this salad so much!
This salad turned out fab! I didn’t have pumpkin seeds on hand, so used chopped walnuts instead. Delicious!
Very easy salad, it was super tasty as well!
Yum! I added some spicier peppers for a little more kick. Very good side to go with our taco night!
Salad is always a welcome for Dinner time and this unique salad combination is super healthy and tasty. A must try combination for my next Meal.
This is my kind of salad. It was delicious and I will be serving it for holidays from now on!
Beautiful roasted corn with the avocado and other ingredients were amazing. The dressing just brings it all together very nicely.
I made this salad for Memorial Day and it was a total hit! Everyone was asking me for the recipe!