This drool-worthy garlic butter sauce is the perfect addition to any of your seafood recipes and pasta dishes.
Easy Butter Sauce Recipe
Butter lovers, unite! This liquid gold garlic butter is better than literally anything you’ve ever had before.
The best part? It’s SUPER fast to make…and I promise, it will disappear even faster!
In the world of sauce, this recipe is the real deal; calling for nothing but the best and freshest ingredients like freshly chopped parsley, freshly minced garlic, and more.
Garlic Butter Sauce Ingredients
Dairy: I used unsalted butter, but you can use ghee or salted butter if you prefer.
- Pro tip: I recommend unsalted butter so you can control the saltiness of the sauce. If you have salted butter, that is fine too, you just might want to use less salt later.
Herbs & spices: I recommend using fresh herbs and spices to bring out the best flavor possible.
- freshly chopped parsley
- fresh cracked black pepper
You can also swap out the herbs for different flavors. I love making a basil butter sauce with fresh chopped basil. If you want to make a lemon butter sauce, just add fresh squeezed lemon juice right before serving.
- Pro tip: try adding a few red pepper flakes for a little heat.
*for a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, scroll down to find the recipe card.
How to Make Garlic Butter Sauce
When I said it was super easy to whip up, I meant it! This ONE STEP recipe is everything your dinners have been missing and more.
- All you have to do is melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Then stir in the minced garlic, white wine, parsley, salt, and pepper.
What to Serve with Butter Sauce: Seafood & More!
This buttery sauce and seafood may be my favorite combination on the planet. I mean honestly, is there anything better than seafood and butter?
My favorite way to use it is on lobster and shrimp. My personal favorite: using it as a light drizzle over lobster risotto.
The combinations are truly endless (below are my favorites); you won’t be sorry you tried them all!
- Lobster Risotto
- Scallops and couscous
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Simple Homemade Bread
- Air Fryer Vegetables
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon
Pro tip: try it with veggies like green beans!
Butter Garlic Sauce Storage
I like to make a big batch of Garlic Butter Sauce to keep on hand any time I need it. I fill a flexible ice cube tray and just pop out what I need.
You can melt it in the microwave or on the stove.
Butter Garlic Sauce Recipe FAQs
You can put it on just about everything, but if you are looking for some inspiration, below you will find some of my favorites:
– Buttering bread
– Frying or sautéing vegetables
If your sauce becomes too thin you can add cornstarch in to thicken it up.
– Pro tip: A little bit can go a long way, so I recommend starting with 1 teaspoon and adding from there.
Other Favorite Recipes to Try
WANT TO TRY THIS SEAFOOD BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE?
PIN IT to your sauce recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Then stir in the minced garlic, white wine, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve warm, or divide into an ice cube tray and store in the refrigerator.