Air Fryer Frozen Burgers are a quick and easy way to get a juicy and delicious lunch or dinner on the table fast!
Ever thought of putting frozen burgers in your air fryer? Summer grilling is great, but Winter burgers at home are just as delicious thanks to your air fryer!
In under 20 minutes, you can have perfectly cooked and juicy burgers on the table for you and/or your family.
Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer
Perfectly cooked, tender, and juicy burgers without all the mess, fuss, … and propane … count me in!
Whether you’re making veggie burgers, juicy cheeseburgers, or beef burgers, you can make the perfect burger right in your air fryer.
Frozen burgers get a bad rap for being bland, dry, flavorless, and more. You really just have to know how to cook them right! Forget pan-frying your burgers and making the entire house smell like a giant burger (yuck).
In less than 15 minutes, you can have 2 perfectly cooked, juicy burgers ready and on the table for everyone to enjoy!
Air Fryer Burger Ingredients
Meat: for this recipe, you will need 2 frozen burger patties. I used Private Selection Monterey Jack & Fire Roasted Red Pepper Angus Beef patties. I love this brand because I don’t need to add anything to them and they taste great.
From the garden: garnish your burger with lettuce, tomato, onions, and anything else you might enjoy!
Bread: finish off your burger with your favorite hamburger buns!
Looking for a bread alternative? Make a lettuce wrap!
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to Cook Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer
1. Preheat. Preheat the air fryer to 360° F (I used the Ninja Foodi Grill).
2. Cook burgers in the air fryer. Place the beef burger patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 6 minutes, flip, and air fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until internal temperature of the burgers reaches 165° F.
Cook time may vary depending on the size of the burgers.
3. Add cheese. You can place a slice of cheese on each burger patty one minute before they are finished cooking.
4. Garnish the burgers. Remove the burger patties from the basket, place them on a hamburger bun and add lettuce, tomato, and red onion.
Try these easy homemade sauces on your burger:
To prevent air fryer smoke, make sure you are cleaning your air fryer after each use. If working in batches, you might want to check the bottom basket to see if there is any grease to drain.
You can also line the bottom basket with aluminum foil or 1-2 slices of bread to catch grease drippings for easy clean up.
Do you need to flip burgers in an air fryer?
Air Fryer Burgers are so easy – no tending, no flipping, no nothing. Just sit back and let your air fryer do the work!
If you’d like to ensure your burgers are cooking well and evenly, you can check on them halfway through and flip them if you want to, but definitely not necessary.
Can you cook frozen ground beef in an air fryer?
Yes, cooking frozen meat or frozen ground beef in allowed and super easy to do.
Keep in mind, frozen meat in the air fryer cook times might vary depending on what type of meat you are cooking, its thickness, and how full the air fryer basket is.
Can you cook burgers and fries in an air fryer at the same time?
I don’t recommend it, but technically, yes, you can cook burgers and fries in your air fryer at the same time.
If you are going to do this, the trick is to make sure you have enough room for the burger patty and fries to have space so they can cook evenly and completely.
Air Fryer Frozen Burger Variations
I love customizing a recipe like this one any way that I can to always keep it different and exciting to serve or eat. Here are some of my favorite toppings for burgers:
Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, rescue rub, Lawrey’s Garlic Salt, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
Extra protein: bacon is the best burger topping!
Cheese: feta, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, boursin, and more!
Appetizers to Serve With Burgers
- Tater Tots Nachos
- Best Air Fryer Appetizers
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Best Maryland Crab Dip
- Green Beans With Bacon
More Frozen Air Fryer Recipes
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER FROZEN BURGER RECIPE?
PIN IT to your beef recipes, air fryer recipes, or frozen recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Frozen Burgers
- 2 frozen burger patties
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 hamburger buns
- Preheat the air fryer to 360° F.
- Place the burger patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 6 minutes, flip and air fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- If adding cheese, place a slice on each burger patty one minute before they are finished cooking.
- Remove the burger patties from the basket, place it on a hamburger bun and add lettuce, tomato, and red onion.