Cranberry Bacon Broccoli Salad featuring fresh broccoli, bacon, and cranberries is the perfect year-round salad for any family gathering!
Looking for an easy Summer salad to bring to a family get together, picnic, or BBQ? This broccoli salad is quick, easy, delicious, and an absolute crowed pleaser.
Cranberry Bacon Broccoli Salad Recipe
As the weather is getting warmer and we start getting busy enjoying the season, I get excited to start cooking with summer flavors and in season fresh foods.
BBQs, the 4th of July, and summer time picnics are around the corner. Break free of those stagnant side dishes (like macaroni salad) and bring the season’s newest crowd pleaser!
Eating the same old (and expected) side dish gets boring. Shake things up with this bacon broccoli salad! It’s quick and easy to make.
Bonus: It’s perfect to make a head of time and just pull out for dinner or to bring to a gathering!
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
Broccoli: for this salad you will need raw broccoli florets (cut into small pieces). Try to keep them as even as possible for consistently sized bites.
Bacon: I recommend finely dicing thick cut bacon for meatier pieces in each bite.
Onion: I used red onions. They add beautiful color and flavor to the dish.
Dried fruit: I think dried cranberries add such incredible flavor to this dish! Looking for other dried fruit options? Consider swapping out cranberries for dried cherries.
Seeds: It is time for the perfect (almost final) topping. Top your salad off with sunflower seeds or pine nuts!
How to Make Cranberry Broccoli Salad
1. Prepare the salad ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, red onions, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and bacon and toss until evenly distributed.
2. Make the salad dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over broccoli mixture.
3. Toss the salad. Toss lightly until the broccoli is evenly coated.
4. Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with extra onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries and bacon bits if desired.
What to serve with Broccoli Bacon Salad
Looking for main dish inspirations? This broccoli bacon salad makes the perfect side dish to my favorite summer time recipes.
- Wild Mushroom Beyond Meat Burgers
- Jalapeño Lime Pan Seared Chicken
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- Tomato Feta Baked Spaghetti Squash
Need more inspo for the 4th of July? Check out my favorite 4th Of July Recipes!
Bacon Broccoli Salad Variations
I love customizing salads; there is nothing better than keeping them delicious, yet different. This easy Broccoli Salad is no exception. Check out some of my favorite variations to this salad.
Vegan Broccoli Salad: Make it vegan! You can substitute the mayo for vegan mayonnaise and substitute your bacon for a vegan meat substitute/alternative. I love these vegan bacon bits.
Add cheese: I love when I get to put cheese on a dish; especially when it can become a dish with bacon and cheese! Consider adding a handful of shredded cheddar cheese.
Dried fruit: Looking for other dried fruit options? Consider adding raisins!
More Salad Recipes
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Tangy Citrus Avocado Salad
- Fall Harvest Salad With Champagne Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Tex-Mex Flank Steak Salad With Avocado Lime Dressing
More Side Dish Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Red Wine Mushrooms
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Roasted Yellow Squash
WANT TO TRY THIS CRANBERRY BACON BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE?
PIN IT to your broccoli salad recipes, side dish recipes, or salad recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Cranberry Bacon Broccoli Salad
- 8 cups raw broccoli florets, cut into small and even pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, dried cherries are great too!
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup finely diced bacon, cooked
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, red onions, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and bacon and toss until evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over broccoli mixture.
- Toss lightly until the broccoli is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries and bacon bits if desired.