Have dinner ready in 30 minutes with this family favorite Oven Baked Chicken Tenders recipe; it’s an easy weeknight meal all will love.
Chicken strips are the ultimate finger food and these flavor-packed Oven Baked Chicken Tenders are no exception. These crispy tenders are perfect for lunch, dinner, and everything in between.
Made with a seasoning blend of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, and more, you won’t be missing the crispy coating of a breaded chicken tender.
Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
Whether you call them chicken tenders, chicken tenderloins, or chicken fingers, this easy chicken recipe is a great way to enjoy juicy and tender chicken without the added calories of breaded or fried chicken tenders.
BONUS: these flavor loaded strips of white meat are kid friendly and a great main to a side of cheesy Grilled Cheese Roll Ups for a fun kids meal.
Looking for another cooking method to enjoy chicken tenders? Give these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders a try.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
Meat: you will need chicken breast tenders. If they don’t have chicken tenders, grab a pack of chicken breasts and cut them into strips when you get home.
Seasoning: we are going to be pulling out all the stops to achieve great flavor with these chicken tenders. You will need paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh parsley, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
How to Make Oven Baked Chicken Tenders without Breading
1. Melt the butter. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Slice the butter into 1 tbsp cubes and place it in a shallow dish. Melt the butter by microwaving in 30-second increments.
2. Make the seasoning. In a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh parsley, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper.
3. Season the chicken. Dredge the chicken tenders in the melted butter. Lay the coated tenders in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken tenders.
4. Bake the chicken. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165° F. When finished, garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
Butter: If you are looking to avoid dairy or added calories, you can swap out the butter for egg wash.
Seasoning substitutions: Italian seasoning and garlic powder make an excellent combination.
What to serve with Baked Chicken Tenders
What temperature should chicken tenders be cooked to?
Ensure your chicken is fully cooked by using an instant-read thermometer and making sure the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Eating undercooked or raw chicken is unsafe and can put you at risk for salmonella.
How to store leftover chicken tenders
Leftover chicken tenders are easy to store. Once they have reached room temperature, transfer chicken tenders to an airtight container and keep them in the fridge.
The leftover chicken tenders can be enjoyed the rest of the week for lunch, a protein-filled snack, or chopped up and cut into smaller chicken pieces and tossed on top of a salad.
Helpful Kitchen Equipment
Nesting bowls: for prepping, I like having a set like this on hand. The set includes a small bowl, medium bowl, and large bowl. One great prep set will take you a long way in the kitchen. However, it is also important to have a shallow bowl, like this. Shallow bowls make it season for rolling meat in seasoning or egg wash.
Sheet pan: these pans have so many different names. You might call it a rimmed baking sheet or even a cookie sheet; either way, when making baked tenders, you will need one!
Wire rack: this might come in handy to cool your chicken before serving. If I’m meal prepping, I like to cool the chicken until it’s about room temperature before transferring it to the fridge and storing it for recipes later in the week.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Oven Baked Chicken and Cauliflower
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Marinade
- Creamy Chicken And Rice
- Chicken Shawarma Bowls
WANT TO TRY THIS OVEN BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, healthy dinner recipes, or meal prep recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Slice the butter into 1 tbsp cubes and place it in a shallow dish. Melt the butter by microwaving in 30 second increments.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh parsley, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the melted butter, then lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken tenders.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165° F. When finished, garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F.
- Place the chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Store leftover seasoning in a small airtight container