Just when you thought you were fully stocked on revolutionary kitchen appliances like the Instapot and things couldn’t get any better, along comes the Air Fryer! A small countertop appliance you can get your hands on for under $100.
When I was on the Whole30 diet, I was constantly looking for new things to eat that were Whole30 compliant. I was also hungry and looking for food that would keep me full for a while to prevent snacking. Variations of potatoes were my go-to side dishes for dinner, including these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. They’re so delicious you don’t have to be on a diet to love them!
What to do with an air fryer
There are so many things you can make with an air fryer! From sweet potato fries, to chicken wings, to cake – yup, I said cake!
This small but powerful device can do more than imagined. An entire meal can be made inside one of these babies in half the time!
Three reasons to buy an air fryer:
Air fryers use minimal oil.
This is a big reason why I was gung-ho on purchasing an air fryer. I love fried food the texture of crispy, crunchy things – but they aren’t the healthiest option. They are able to crisp food by circulating hot air around it at high speed.
The air fryer is a simple, less messy way to cook.
Rather than frying food the traditional method, in a large pot of oil, the air fryer crisps food without splattering oil so there is very little clean up necessary.
Air fryers save time in the kitchen.
When I make sweet potato fries in the oven I’ve got them cooking for 20-25 minutes. In the air fryer they are finished in about 10 minutes!
They are a highly efficient way of cooking because they can heat food from room temperature to over 300 degrees in less than three minutes. This dramatically cuts down cooking time. You don’t even have to wait for it to heat up!
I dip sweet potato fries in Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce which reminds me of the Chik-Fil-A Sauce, what do you dip yours in?
Whole30 Recipes: Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch strips.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes and olive oil until the potatoes are fully coated.
- Toss parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl until potatoes are fully coated.
- Transfer seasoned potatoes to air fryer and set to 400 F for 10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the air fryer tray, shake the sweet potato fries around and place back in the air fryer for another 5 minutes or until they are crisp to your liking.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.