The perfect side dish for any meal! These easy to make Roasted Garlic Potatoes have the perfect crispy outside and buttery garlic flavor.
Get these bite sized, tender potatoes on the table in under 30 minutes! This side dish is full of incredible flavors from the thyme, parsley, butter, and garlic. They pair perfectly with just about any meal!
Looking for more potato recipes? Consider making these Roasted Sweet Potatoes or these Crispy Smashed Potatoes Nachos.
Best Roasted Garlic Potatoes Recipe
Mashed potatoes and fries are a classic and just about everyone’s favorite, but in this house, there is nothing better than a perfectly roasted potato straight out of the oven.
Can you smell them? I can just thinking about it!
If you are looking for that perfect side dish to pair with a weeknight dinner or weekend dinner party, these roasted garlic potatoes are perfectly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and bold in every bite.
Garlic Potato Ingredients
Potatoes: for this recipe I used about 2 pounds of baby gold potatoes.
From the garden: to get those bold flavors, you will want to grab your fresh thyme, chopped parsley, garlic cloves, and salt and pepper, to taste.
For Cooking: olive oil and unsalted butter
Make sure to store your potatoes in a paper bag in a cool and dark spot in your pantry to extend their life expectancy!
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to make Roasted Garlic Potatoes
1. Partial boil the potatoes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the potatoes, and boil for 5-6 minutes.
2. Season the potatoes. Drain the water from the pot and toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, thyme, parsley, and 5 of the minced garlic cloves.
3. Roast the potatoes. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, cut side down. Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. For extra crispy potatoes, broil for 1-2 minutes at the end.
4. Melt the butter. While the potatoes are roasting, place the butter and reserved minced garlic in a small bowl. Microwave, covered, for 15-20 seconds until butter is melted.
5. Serve. When the potatoes are finished, transfer them to a serving bowl and drizzle the garlic butter over top. Mix together and serve!
What Potatoes are Best for Roasting?
With so many potato options available at the store, it can get confusing trying to decide which potato is going to work best for the recipe you are making.
However, when it comes to roasting, you want Yukon gold potatoes, baby gold potatoes, or red potatoes.
What to serve with Roasted Garlic Potatoes
I love roasted potatoes because you can truly serve them with anything! When preparing a meal, I like to think about what flavors merry well together along with which side dishes I’d like to serve.
I try to pair every meal with a protein (wether it be fish, chicken, pork), a vegetable, and a starch.
Here are some of my favorite main dishes to serve with Roasted Garlic Potatoes:
Questions You Might Have
The trick to getting crispy potatoes is to boil them first just enough to soften them. When the potatoes are done boiling, transfer them to a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil.
Both potatoes are cooked the same way (in the oven). However, a baked potato involves the whole potato whereas if you are making roasted potatoes, those have been chopped into smaller pieces.
There is no wrong way to cut potatoes for roasting. You can cut them into cubes, triangles, or just do a general rough and quick chop. If you’re using baby potatoes, you can leave them whole if you prefer.
Yes, but only after you have removed the sprout.
WANT TO TRY THIS GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE?
PIN IT to your potato recipes, side dish recipes, or vegetable recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the potatoes, and boil for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Drain the water from the pot and toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, thyme, parsley, and 5 of the minced garlic cloves.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, cut side down. Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. For extra crispy potatoes, broil for 1-2 minutes at the end.
- While the potatoes are roasting, place the butter and reserved minced garlic in a small bowl. Microwave, covered, for 15-20 seconds until butter is melted.
- When the potatoes are finished, transfer them to a serving bowl and drizzle the garlic butter over top. Mix together and serve!
Yum! These were perfect with my bbq chicken and burgers!
These potatoes were so yummy and seasoned with so much flavor! These went perfectly with our dinner the other night. I will be making these potatoes again!
I love roasted potatoes and your recipe totally hit the spot! Love the tip to boil them before roasting them – it gives them that super creamy inside but crispy outside that I love!
Roast potatoes are a favourite in this house and these garlic roasted potatoes are delicious. Perfect with chicken!
These look so crispy and delicious. The more garlic the better I say!
Love Love Roast Potatoes with garlic any day! Makes a tasty appetizer and a side dish.
I made this recipe and they were the best roasted garlic potatoes that I’ve ever made. The seasonings were right on point.